S4 on Caribbean Cruise

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
In January, we are about to take our first cruise (celebrating 30 years of marriage!)
We have Verizon.
Is the S4 'international'?
Do you buy packages through VZW..
or the cruise line?
I know you can buy data packages or something on board.
I just want to call or skype or text to the kids, and check email.
Facebook can wait. lol.
How do you keep connected with home, ECONOMICALLY, while on a cruise if you have an S4?
Thanks

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that's going to be "International Roaming" and cost a bunch. It might be better to use the ship's wifi, but I don't know how expensive that will be. I mean the technology is so new and cutting edge (wireless internet!....it's the future!) so they probably charge a lot for it. Yes, that was sarcasm.

Probably best to visit Verizon's site and see your options:
Global Travel Program - Verizon Wireless

Last edited:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
In January, we are about to take our first cruise (celebrating 30 years of marriage!)
We have Verizon.
Is the S4 'international'?
Do you buy packages through VZW..
or the cruise line?
I know you can buy data packages or something on board.
I just want to call or skype or text to the kids, and check email.
Facebook can wait. lol.
How do you keep connected with home, ECONOMICALLY, while on a cruise if you have an S4?
Thanks
Hello, congratulations on your anniversary! :thumbup::D:beer::beer::D

I guess is time to retire? Just kidding :D

I've never been to a cruise, I think...
You have a few options:
As far as I know you can use the ship's Wi-Fi. Also, Verizon will let you go on an international plan if that's what you want.
My phone is with Sprint and it is unlocked to use internationally, I don't see why yours wouldn't.
Family members that have Verizon and had a locked phone before, they use to call Verizon to unlock the phone so they can use it with SIM cards from other countries, if those phones had a SIM card.
My cousin said certain cruise lines have plans for unlock phones, it doesn't hurt to ask your cruise line and Verizon about it.

Great luck and enjoy! :thumbup::)

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835