Big Font on text messages

Jessie Dodge

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! Been trying to figure this out for hours….All of a sudden my font for messaging was mega huge …I went through every setting on this phone…ugh its the volume key ..who would have thought? Thank you!!!!

i sum Culus

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Thank you :) fiddeled with that stupid thing on and off for a month now. So now I'm going to get a hold of my wifes phone turn the font way up and wait for her to hand it of to me to fix...yep I'm evil LOL

ShellyC23

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I want big font on my text messages but this does not work on my Xperia Z5 Compact. If I download another messaging app then it does not show the number of unread messages as a notification badge - which is a bit pointless if you don't hear messages arrive.

Can anyone offer the solution? I want to know how many messages I have AND I want to be able to read them - not too much to ask but at the moment it looks like my choice is one or the other

Just Jean

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Thank you! The font on my text messages went big last night and for the life of me, I couldn't figure it out. I searched and found one spot where they said to "just pinch" the text, tried that and nothing. Using the volume key was so much easier!

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! The font on my text messages went big last night and for the life of me, I couldn't figure it out. I searched and found one spot where they said to "just pinch" the text, tried that and nothing. Using the volume key was so much easier!
Great and Thanks, the pinch and set worked for me too, much appreciated!!

Carlotta McConnell

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Trying to figure this out guys hope you know. Its my fathers phone and his text messages are coming through as huge fonts as well as when he types. It is the stock messaging app .Went to setting but couldnt figure it out. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Try going into the messaging app into custom from the three little dots that are up in the right and you can change the size

Last edited by a moderator:

Greenjlg2

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for excellent advice! Many stars on your forehead.

All of sudden huge text messaging font on Samsung Galaxy SIII/S3. Settings correct. Reboot. Huge text. Pull battery. Huge text.

This "feature" should have been restricted to SETTINGS, not programmed as a SHORTCUT. People's eyesight does NOT change on a minute to minute basis!

Samsung, you are great but you still have issues. Get a clue. Beta test your new hardware and/or software release EVERY time. AND, your beta groups should be globally and use diverse, AVERAGE users, not tech writers, power users, or anyone who's willing to waste time searching for fixes/work-arounds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech