Sorry but... I don't get it. Apps to SD

tarball

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I know that Samsung did an update few months ago, to allow user to move apps to SD card. I tought the goal of that was because of the very limited free space on the device memory. I tought it was a great idea... in theory. But in practice, it is different. It seems that the free memory on my device is pretty similar if I move the apps the SD or not. The gain is about 10%, maximum.

Is there something I am not getting right ??

Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello

I know that Samsung did an update few months ago, to allow user to move apps to SD card. I tought the goal of that was because of the very limited free space on the device memory. I tought it was a great idea... in theory. But in practice, it is different. It seems that the free memory on my device is pretty similar if I move the apps the SD or not. The gain is about 10%, maximum.

Is there something I am not getting right ??

Thanks!

Here is the biggest things to consider. The app developer needs to support the transfer to the SD card.
Also, under normal circumstances, the app data is segregated into two parts cache and data storage. When you introduce the third division, it can take longer for the app to load.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Here is the biggest things to consider. The app developer needs to support the transfer to the SD card.
Also, under normal circumstances, the app data is segregated into two parts cache and data storage. When you introduce the third division, it can take longer for the app to load.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

It can if your memory card isn't a Class 10. I gave away my Class 4 32 GB and invested in a 32 GB Class 10 and haven't had loading issues.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463