SGS4 or iPhone 5s or wait for the SGS5?

Panda_kRz

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Basically what the title says, I'm coming up on my 2 year (at the end of Oct.) contract and contemplating which phone to get. Samsung Galaxy S4 or iPhone 5s or wait for the (upcoming) Samsung Galaxy S5?

The main function would be for calling/texting/web searching, but I would want to do it with ease (my current phone is a MyTouch 3G Slide >_>). I also like to customize the phone (whenever I get bored of it, etc.), but isn't all that important. Then there is one thing that I've been researching that caught my attention, the NDS/PSP emulator. I would want to get these emulators, but couldn't find online which phone will allow it to run smoothly (~60fps). Games such as Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and Pokemon. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

P.S. I don't mind getting the S4 or iPhone 5s instead of the S5 if they are capable of handling the emulators/games @ ~60fps. Thanks again!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the Forums (for there is only one and it's Android Central :)!

Well, it's our duty to recommend you free yourself from The Matrix that is iOS. So, with that in mind I'd recommend the S4. Not only is it a great and test phone, but it has some benefits that its competition doesn't have, like expandable storage and a replaceable and upgradeable battery. The screen is gorgeous and it performs quite well. If you want something even larger consider the Galaxy Note 3 which add the venerable S-Pen for even greater versatility.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the other premium phones while making a recommendation though. The HTC One, Moto X, LG G2, and Xperia Z1 are also great great phones.

You have choices, but the S4 would be a great one.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Basically what the title says, I'm coming up on my 2 year (at the end of Oct.) contract and contemplating which phone to get. Samsung Galaxy S4 or iPhone 5s or wait for the (upcoming) Samsung Galaxy S5?

The main function would be for calling/texting/web searching, but I would want to do it with ease (my current phone is a MyTouch 3G Slide >_>). I also like to customize the phone (whenever I get bored of it, etc.), but isn't all that important. Then there is one thing that I've been researching that caught my attention, the NDS/PSP emulator. I would want to get these emulators, but couldn't find online which phone will allow it to run smoothly (~60fps). Games such as Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and Pokemon. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

P.S. I don't mind getting the S4 or iPhone 5s instead of the S5 if they are capable of handling the emulators/games @ ~60fps. Thanks again!

If you can hold on to your 3G slide for 5-6 months it might be worth the wait. If not, I'd recommend the S4 as the 5S doesn't have emulators and allows for a lot more customization than the 5S. If you like the 5S's metal body you should look into the HTC One :)

Posted via Android Central App

Panda_kRz

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response guys, but I do have another question now. How do the HTC One compare to the S4? I honestly just want a phone that will be able to run the emulators/games smoothly (@ ~60fps) and easy/comfortable enough to use/customize. Like I would prefer one over the other if (an example) let's say: the S4 is easier to use, but the HTC One has the smoother game play of emulator(s), I would choose HTC One over the S4. I'm not tech savvy, but I'm not ignorant of it either. Thanks again (and in advance, again!)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response guys, but I do have another question now. How do the HTC One compare to the S4? I honestly just want a phone that will be able to run the emulators/games smoothly (@ ~60fps) and easy/comfortable enough to use/customize. Like I would prefer one over the other if (an example) let's say: the S4 is easier to use, but the HTC One has the smoother game play of emulator(s), I would choose HTC One over the S4. I'm not tech savvy, but I'm not ignorant of it either. Thanks again (and in advance, again!)

Both games run games really since they are quad core processors but a lot of people seem to think the One is overall less laggy when moving around the OS. Either way you can't go wrong with either phone, both are amazing. You could also go for the note 3 if it's not too big. I tried it out resist today and it is buttery smooth

Posted via Android Central App

Panda_kRz

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I've been looking into the LG G2 and Xperia Z1, the only thing that bothers me is the non-removable battery. Should I take into consideration that the S4 has a removeable battery (for future purposes, when battery is discharged). I'm planning on keeping which ever phone I get to last for at least 2 years (or until my contact ends/I can get a new phone). Or you think I'm good on the battery issue with the LG G2 or Xperia Z1?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The GS4 if you can't wait or the GS5 if you can. There is a YouTube video where there have been at least 34 flaws with iOS7. The fingerprint scanner has its attraction as the new air gestures on GS4 or GS5 but I would have privacy concerns as it is vulnerable to hacking. Biometrics send across a wireless network would enable an identity thief to impersonate you forever. Android devices are so much more customizable. For example, expandable storage is not possible nor are different launchers in the event you don't like TouchWiz. You can't port iMedia to any other device. On Android, you can. I switched from the BB 9900 for the GS3 at launch and have had the GS4 since launch never looking back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007