S4 on my Desktop

john6969

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I would am looking for the best way to display in Samsung on my desktop "USB would be the BEST" I did find a way of doing this however my phone needs to be rooted..

it was recommended to me not to root the phone for now.....since I switch over from iphone4

please share the best way usb or wireless to see my phone on my desktop... I don't want to do this through a web browser

thanks you

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen any apps that would let you do this without root. As for not rooting because you come from iPhone, doesn't make sense... You shouldn't root if you don't know what root is and what it implies, but that applies to anyone coming from any other phone. It's like leaving your front door unlocked... you do it at your own risk, but you save time when coming home and don't get wet trying to get the keys out, but someone MIGHT go in and steal something. Same thing here, your phone's structure files are locked down, but if you root, you're free to write and modify them, potentially leaving your phone useless if you do something wrong.

Now, if you're not so budget-conscious, you could get a MHL cable (just make sure it's for the S3/S4 as the pinout changed from the S2 to the S3) and mirror your device via HDMI, but you'd also need a PC or monitor with HDMI input.

john6969

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a HDMI cables however I am looking just for my phone in a window on my laptop..I understand what root is

I might just go ahead and root my phone for some the features that I want and also remove so of the crap verizon has installed

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As long as you're conscious about what you're installing, rooting shouldn't be a risk at all, but a blessing :) You can run in windowed mode via HDMI, but you'd need to buy an extra capture card with HDMI input for your PC

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Just research and know what you're about to do. I take it that your previous iPhone was had gone through the jailbreak process as well?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

sanyka78

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
It can be done wirelessly by installing team viewer to s4, wich lets you access your pc. Also, by installing quick support addon lets you reverse the process and access your s4 from pc.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon