S4 signal and 4g very slow

Jason Coronel

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone im new to android. My previous phone was iphone 5. I am on the same location where I get good signal of 4g with amazing speed but when I change my phone to s4 even with 4g signal im having problem surfing the net even checking my mails. I tried a couple of troubleshooting myself reset factory, format unit, remove bloatwares, brought it to samsung service center but still no improvement. Does this mean the signal of apple iphone 5 is better than the s4? If anyone experiencing the same problem and has a solution please do enlighten me because im starting to regret changing to s4 from iphone 5.

Posted via Android Central App

jlcbourne

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Smart philippines. The same network when im on iphone 5. Does this mean iphone 5 signal reception is better? :(

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Ah, I see. Have you checked in with Smart? And is your network setting GSM/CDMA/LTE? Send them Speedtest.net results. If you still have an iPhone, try to replicate the results with the iPhone. They might be undergoing some "upgrades" with the nearest tower you are connected to or the server your phone is connected to.

Another possibility is that Smart may prioritize iPhone connections over Android handsets.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone im new to android. My previous phone was iphone 5. I am on the same location where I get good signal of 4g with amazing speed but when I change my phone to s4 even with 4g signal im having problem surfing the net even checking my mails. I tried a couple of troubleshooting myself reset factory, format unit, remove bloatwares, brought it to samsung service center but still no improvement. Does this mean the signal of apple iphone 5 is better than the s4? If anyone experiencing the same problem and has a solution please do enlighten me because im starting to regret changing to s4 from iphone 5.

Smart philippines. The same network when im on iphone 5. Does this mean iphone 5 signal reception is better? :(

Wait a minute! Are you both the same person? :confused::what::eek:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

jlcbourne

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did that already I have a friend we are on the same location and did a speedtest together my ping reply went down to 2896ms and max download speed at 64kbps but with my friend who is still using iphone 5 ping reply 64ms and a max download speed of 4.5mbps.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did that already I have a friend we are on the same location and did a speedtest together my ping reply went down to 2896ms and max download speed at 64kbps but with my friend who is still using iphone 5 ping reply 64ms and a max download speed of 4.5mbps.

Anyway, my friends and I tested the Galaxy S3 and the HTC One around my area.
They all get about the same speeds on 3G and 4G (LTE) as my Galaxy S4.
I have Sprint btw.

I think your phone is a defective unit and you should exchange it.

jlcbourne

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome. :) i just did a new test now with my friend on the same location with speedtest ookla app. But i cant post a pic here. The ping reply on iphone 5 26ms with the max download speed 3.5mbps vs. My s4 600ms ping response and didnt get through the test and shows network connection lost. Did a second test ping response with a slight improvement of 500ms and a max download speed of 0.10mbps. Samsung serivce center checked my unit already and told me theres nothing wrong with it. Confused.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
How long since you got it?

Do you still have time to return it or exchange it?

If I was you I would exchange it right away!

jlcbourne

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I was asking for a replacement since the 4th day since I got it anf yeah I did what lhady said. But they refuse to change because the unit is ok according to them. Pffffrrrfrt

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I was asking for a replacement since the 4th day since I got it anf yeah I did what lhady said. But they refuse to change because the unit is ok according to them. Pffffrrrfrt

But you're the customer!!! :banghead:
Return the dang thing!
Get your money back, turn around and buy another one!!!
I've done it before! :thumbup::cool:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Seriously. A few years ago I bought a camera at best buy and it was not working right. They said there wasn't anything wrong with it so would not exchange it.

I told them I want it my money back. As soon as I got my money from the customer center desk I went back to electronics and got me the same model of the camera and the guys there asked me why if I didn't like the other one that I returned.

I told them that I did like that camera, but there was something wrong with it and they would not admit it. So it's like I did my own exchange!

So far that Sony digital camera is still going strong! :thumbup::D

Philip Pansacola

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
bro, same situation tayo. Nka plan ako sa smart galaxy s4, grbe sobrang bagal LTE, pero ung friend ko na naka iphone 5 sobrang bilis, halos katabi n naman cellsite. Akala ko ako lang nakaka experience nito eh... and I'm planning to swap my s4 to iphone 5 na because of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy