Hello,

I purchased a Galaxy S4 and have added my work email to the phone. In order to do so, the security features make me add a minimum 8-character pin number. This isn't the issue. The problem I run into is that I cannot edit Font colors, sizes, etc. on my lock screen. I've read MANY reviews that state going to My Devices > Lock Screen > Lock Screen Widgets > Edit Personal Settings. However, I do not have the "Edit Personal Settings Option." This is really hindering my experience with the S4 since I cannot customize the lock screen.

Is there a way to get the "Edit personal settings" feature back whilst still having the security measures? If not, is there a way to bypass this? Or, is there a workaround to being able to change font colors.

Thanks!
    10-07-2013 02:45 PM
    You could use a 3rd party lock screen like Widget locker. Or use UCCW app and/or Zooper widget app to help personalize it the way you want.
    You'll still need to enter the pass before accessing most widgets but as for theming the lock screen you should be able to design it however you want.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-07-2013 03:07 PM
    You could use a 3rd party lock screen like Widget locker. Or use UCCW app and/or Zooper widget app to help personalize it the way you want.
    You'll still need to enter the pass before accessing most widgets but as for theming the lock screen you should be able to design it however you want.

This ^

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    10-07-2013 03:36 PM
    Thanks a lot! I downloaded UCCW. However, I don't know how to get the skin to become my lock screen layout. Any thoughts?
    10-07-2013 09:48 PM
    I highly recommend purchasing Widget locker, it will make it so much easier.
    Basically go into your lockers edit screen, long press screen, choose add widget, pick a size of uccw, when the pop up comes up choose new. An icon will appear on the screen, tap it, create your widget, save, back out and it should be on your screen.
    It will take trial and error to get your sizing right, I remember that was a pain with the stock locker.
    With Widgetlocker it feels more like customizing a homescreen IMHO, and you still get a left bezel swipe to access apps and a right bezel swipe that will allow you to open your camera without having to put in your password. And you can install a custom slider to it.

10-08-2013 12:08 AM
    Thanks a lot, yet again! Last question... I encrypted my GS4 due to security measures needed to get work email on my phone. If I download widget locker, will it enable me to update the Lock Screen? As of now, I cannot edit the lock screen at all because it is locked. That is why I can't upload the UCCW skin.

Thanks,
    10-08-2013 08:51 AM
    Oh, that I do not know. We'll there are other free lockers to choose from. Try Golocker or one of the others and see if everything will work OK, if it's fine then keep it or then try Widgetlocker.
    Or toss the dev of WL an email, should be an Addy at the bottom of the apps description in the store.
    Wish I had a more precise answer for you.
    If you do get one working and have questions about theming it feel free to ask.

10-08-2013 11:36 AM
    I purchased a Galaxy S4 and have added my work email to the phone. In order to do so, the security features make me add a minimum 8-character pin number. This isn't the issue. The problem I run into is that I cannot edit Font colors, sizes, etc. on my lock screen. I've read MANY reviews that state going to My Devices > Lock Screen > Lock Screen Widgets > Edit Personal Settings. However, I do not have the "Edit Personal Settings Option." This is really hindering my experience with the S4 since I cannot customize the lock screen.

Is there a way to get the "Edit personal settings" feature back whilst still having the security measures? If not, is there a way to bypass this? Or, is there a workaround to being able to change font colors.
    I don't know if this could be carrier-dependent; and I don't have a PIN on my lock screen, so this may or may not be relevant to you. I've got a Verizon S4. When I do My device > Lock screen > Lock screen widgets, I also don't see Edit Personal Settings. However, I do see an option Clock or personal message. If I select this and change it from Clock to Personal message and save that setting, then the Lockscreen widgets page changes dramatically, and it now has a setting Edit personal information. Tapping that, I get a screen that includes font and color selections.
    10-08-2013 02:54 PM