Smart stay won't detect my eyes

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having this issue. I know it won't work when I'm wearing my glasses but it NEVER seems to detect my eyes.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
It works fine for me. But it does need good lighting to detect your face.

Do you see the eyeball thing show up in the notification bar? It should periodically display as it tries to detect your gaze.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It works fine for me. But it does need good lighting to detect your face.

Do you see the eyeball thing show up in the notification bar? It should periodically display as it tries to detect your gaze.

It stays greyed out for me. I guess I'll try at work in better lighting. I was using natural light from the windows earlier.

JBizz86

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I think it might be the glasses. Mine won't recognize me and when it does it only last for >1 min.. I can never find the right angle for it or lighting :-( try with out and move it around tell you see the eye turn light gray. Also try it with out a case

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I think it might be the glasses. Mine won't recognize me and when it does it only last for >1 min.. I can never find the right angle for it or lighting :-( try with out and move it around tell you see the eye turn light gray. Also try it with out a case

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

I know it won't work with the glasses but even when I'm wearing my contacts it doesn't work. I'll try without the case tho :)

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
If it's grayed out, it sounds as if it isn't enabled in settings. Pressing the icon in status bar pull-down should enable it, though.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
If it's grayed out, it sounds as if it isn't enabled in settings. Pressing the icon in status bar pull-down should enable it, though.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

If it wasn't enabled the eye wouldn't be there at all :D

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It may be the lighting. My Note 3 it works perfect.. I disabled it after a little while though.. Since I'm usually touching the screen when it's on.. Or watching a video which keeps the screen on anyway :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Seashirl

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Please help me , how do you disable this security thing??

How can you disable this Smart Stay thingy???

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463