Upgrading from iPhone to S4

deccs

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, next week I'm due an upgrade and I think it's time for me to leave the iPhone family and join the Samsung family. Everything I've seen and heard about the Galaxy S4 has impressed me, however, the only thing putting me off slightly is how soon the Samsung 'S5' will be out. I understand it's the beginning of next year sometime. Does anybody know, based on previous years, when any news will be released? Do you think it's worth upgrading now to the S4?

Sorry it's such a noob post.

Cheers

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
If you can live without the amoled, removable battery, and SD card, I'd check out the LG g2. The s4 is still a nice option, hardware wise it's step behind.

GS4/iPhone5

deccs

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Oh right, I never thought to check that one out, I've just S4 against the Xperia Z1, that's abit too bulky for me. I will look at the LG though. Thanks

*Updated* Just checked out and LG, it looks good, however, I tend to travel alot and use my phone for movies and music, the one thing i didn't like with the iPhone was the lack of MicroSD. Not sure on the button placement either.

Last edited:

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, next week I'm due an upgrade and I think it's time for me to leave the iPhone family and join the Samsung family. Everything I've seen and heard about the Galaxy S4 has impressed me, however, the only thing putting me off slightly is how soon the Samsung 'S5' will be out. I understand it's the beginning of next year sometime. Does anybody know, based on previous years, when any news will be released? Do you think it's worth upgrading now to the S4?

Sorry it's such a noob post.

Cheers

From what I've read, the GS5 is supposed to come out in the first quarter of 2014. I'm guessing it will be in March or possibly April. I just made the switch from an iPhone 4S to a GS4 about 3 weeks ago and I too was considering waiting for the GS5. I decided to pull the trigger and I opted for the "new phone every year" program with AT&T rather than signing a 2 year contract so I'll be able to pick up whatever is available in about a year.

If you can wait, kudos to you.

deccs

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
That sounds like an awesome deal, to get a new phone every year. I don't think we have anything like that in the UK, I may be wrong though. I had a sneaky suspicion it was March/April time. I don't think I can wait that long, my mum is hounding me to upgrade straight away so she can have my iPhone lol. If there was any news on features/specs for the S5 I would force her to wait. But there's not. :(

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Based on the S3 and the S4, one could estimate that the S5 would be announced sometime next spring (April?), and then be released sometime around May.

There may be other phones out there to consider, but I don't see any reason why not to get an S4 with that long of a wait until the S5 is due to arrive.

deccs

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I think you're right, it's a scary world outside of the Apple bubble, I've been with them since the first iPhone. I'm not against getting the S4, I just don't want to get it and the S5 comes out with something so good that I'll be really peeved about having a 2 year contract lol.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
That sounds like an awesome deal, to get a new phone every year. I don't think we have anything like that in the UK, I may be wrong though. I had a sneaky suspicion it was March/April time. I don't think I can wait that long, my mum is hounding me to upgrade straight away so she can have my iPhone lol. If there was any news on features/specs for the S5 I would force her to wait. But there's not. :(
It's not that great of a deal. I have to pay an extra 20 something dollars per month in order to do this. I didn't have to pay 200 for the phone though, which was nice. You pay more but to me, upgrading every year will be a nice treat.

Honestly man, I'd say go for it and get the S4. You won't be disappointed. It blows the iPhone out of the water.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I gotta say, I"m really impressed with the S4. I got mine on Sept. 6 2013. I also went from an iPhone 4S to the S4 and I have no regrets in switching. I am deeply in love with my S4. I would also say, go for it.

I mean if you can really wait for S5 then do so, but it won't be for another 7 month for it to release. So I would say get the S4 now, be happy with it and when you are due for an upgrade, then S6 or S7 will be out that will be better than the S5.

blademael

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Phones are like computers, if you're always waitting to get the fastest, biggest one, you will never buy one, if you are ready and the phone you want has everything you need, then buy it.

By the way, I have a S4 and I dont like it..... I LOVE it !

Posted via Android Central App

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Phones are like computers, if you're always waitting to get the fastest, biggest one, you will never buy one, if you are ready and the phone you want has everything you need, then buy it.

By the way, I have a S4 and I dont like it..... I LOVE it !

So true. It's a losing battle unless you have large sums of money to **** away.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
how is it a step behind? a quad core processor? 1080p screen? Just because it isn't the latest and greatest (snapdragon 600 vs 800) doesn't mean it's behind...

RooGirl78

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to add that just this week I went from an iPhone 5 to the S4 and I feel as if I've been let out of JAIL!!!! iPhone doesn't even come close to the S4... I'm totally in love with it.. if you want it then go for it. It really is an awesome device! :)

deccs

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, I got my S4 yesterday and it has totally surpassed expectations. I've had a continuous phoner (phone *****) since I got it out the box. Still figuring out bits and bobs about it but I frickin love it!

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, I got my S4 yesterday and it has totally surpassed expectations. I've had a continuous phoner (phone *****) since I got it out the box. Still figuring out bits and bobs about it but I frickin love it!

Nice, glad you like it! As I said before, I just picked one up not long ago myself and I love the phone too. Only a few things I like better about my iPhone. Have fun! Check out Nova Launcher and Swift Key.

JustmeGemmy

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I made the switch not too long ago myself. A friend asked me yesterday if I miss my iphone at all & hoenstly, I don't. I did like the iPhone, but there's just more going on with android. I've not even really sat down & fully customised it yet (which I was most looking forward to!), just changed the font & I'm happy. Lol. Cant wait to get it looking how I want!

I don't know if I will ever go back to apple.. it's not that their products are awful.. far from it. I just prefer to be able to make it my own & changing the background just doesn't cut it for me! I want ringtones that don't cost me 99p, notification tones, LEDs!! All the simple stuff that apple just won't let you change.

I've had a look at nova & find it a bit confusing.. I'm sure I'll learn to love it though, once I figure it out! Haha x

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I made the switch not too long ago myself. A friend asked me yesterday if I miss my iphone at all & hoenstly, I don't. I did like the iPhone, but there's just more going on with android. I've not even really sat down & fully customised it yet (which I was most looking forward to!), just changed the font & I'm happy. Lol. Cant wait to get it looking how I want!

I don't know if I will ever go back to apple.. it's not that their products are awful.. far from it. I just prefer to be able to make it my own & changing the background just doesn't cut it for me! I want ringtones that don't cost me 99p, notification tones, LEDs!! All the simple stuff that apple just won't let you change.

I've had a look at nova & find it a bit confusing.. I'm sure I'll learn to love it though, once I figure it out! Haha x

I used to make my own ringtones and notification sounds on my iPhone for free. Not impossible (or really that hard)

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

JustmeGemmy

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
There's no need for that sort of a reply really, is there? I did put on my own ringtones etc, however it was nowhere as easy as doing it on an android phone. Or even a blackberry.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
There's no need for that sort of a reply really, is there? I did put on my own ringtones etc, however it was nowhere as easy as doing it on an android phone. Or even a blackberry.

Huh? I wasn't being rude. I was pointing out that it was possible in case you didn't know. Stop thinking the worst of people.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1