Accidentally blocked messages to a certain type of numbers, can't figure out how to unblock.

21hcassel

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Re: Accidentally blocked numbers to a certain type of numbs7 prers, can't figure out how to unblock.

I was having this problem with my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 and the way I fixed it was a little different:

I opened my phone and went to SETTINGS -> Applications, then i clicked on the three dots on the corner and hit SPECIAL ACCESS. After that the third from the bottom choice said USE PREMIUM TEXT MESSAGE SERVICES and i hit the and hit ASK. That fixed the problem.

PattiCakesOhio

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Re: Accidentally blocked numbers to a certain type of numbs7 prers, can't figure out how to unblock.

https://youtu.be/D-Qwg36S86o

I read ALL of these posts and responses and have been working on this for an hour and a half straight with no luck. People would say go to this go to that but the same words or options just were not there! I may not be a technician but I'm not a dingbat.

Then resolved it in 10 seconds with this email. There is a God!

And yes I went through the whole rigmarole of five minutes of verification just to get on here to share this video.

I hope watching this video help somebody be as happy as I am right now. 😁🤗

Rcwamw

Nov 1, 2018
Visit site

Thank you so much Sprint upended texting which has me resigning up for everything! Then they wanted to do a hard reset and 3 minutes after watching video I fixed problem!!
I do wish I could hug you right now!!!

Kimann76

Jan 21, 2019
Visit site

I had to sign up just to say THANK YOU!! I've been trying to fix this issue for months, I've read so many posts and did everything but a factory reset because I was afraid of losing everything on my phone!! It took me less than 10 seconds to follow these instructions and it worked instantly!! Again thank you so so much!! I am forever grateful!!

Jodee6969

Jun 21, 2019
Visit site
It took me a bit more googling this morning after I posted this, and I finally found my answer on a T-Mobile forum (even though I have Verizon). I had blocked myself from Premium Messaging and the forum had a short tutorial on how to fix it.

How did you fix it. I did the same thing.... Please help

Last edited by a moderator:

melgil01

May 20, 2020
Visit site
In case anyone is still looking for updated answers on this thread, this is the solution for the Samsung Galaxy S10:

Samsung Galaxy S10 - Turn Premium SMS Permissions On / Off
Notes:

Steps only apply if you've previously used a messaging app to send a text to a premium content provider or short code.
Short codes are typically 5 or 6 digit numbers commonly used when participating in contests, making donations, etc.

• From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
  • Note These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
  • Navigate: Settings Settings icon > Apps.
  • Tap the Menu icon Menu icon (upper-right).
  • Tap Special access.
  • Tap Use Premium text message services.
  • Tap the app then select an option:
:) Ask
:'( Never allow
:cool: Always allow

DoctorTronik

Aug 23, 2022
Visit site
I signed up for this account just so I can say thank you to everyone who posted a fix in this thread for their help; my mom has a Moto G Power (I think?) and I had to do a little digging in the Apps & Notifications settings, but I found the Premium SMS settings, and it turned out Textra had that permission blocked for some reason. It was such a simple thing and IT WORKED which was AMAZING because it happens far more frequently than I would like that I can't figure out how to make something work and the OS on my/my mom's phone will be just different enough from what everyone is discussing that I won't be able to figure out how to adjust the fix for my situation. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I signed up for this account just so I can say thank you to everyone who posted a fix in this thread for their help; my mom has a Moto G Power (I think?) and I had to do a little digging in the Apps & Notifications settings, but I found the Premium SMS settings, and it turned out Textra had that permission blocked for some reason. It was such a simple thing and IT WORKED which was AMAZING because it happens far more frequently than I would like that I can't figure out how to make something work and the OS on my/my mom's phone will be just different enough from what everyone is discussing that I won't be able to figure out how to adjust the fix for my situation. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
Welcome to AC!
Glad you found this thread helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20