Hi there!

I frequently enter giveaways, contests, and sign up to receive freebies through different websites. Sometimes, a website will post that if I text a number, for example "467467" with a keyword, I will receive whatever product is being given away. Or for example, if I want to follow someone on Twitter through SMS, I can send a message to 40404.

However, one day last week, I was trying to sign up to receive a freebie from my phone, sending it to a number similar to my examples above. It popped up a message and said I might be charged (as it usually does). This time, I checked a box that said "Remember my answer" and I clicked way too fast and accidentally blocked myself from sending a message to these types of numbers.

Now, whenever I try to send a message to a number like above, it fails immediately. I've looked all through my phone settings, message settings, even my account settings online and I cannot figure out how I can change this option.

Does anybody know what I can do?

Thanks!
    10-10-2013 09:28 AM
    Have you tried clearing the cache for the messaging app?
    10-10-2013 01:27 PM
    It took me a bit more googling this morning after I posted this, and I finally found my answer on a T-Mobile forum (even though I have Verizon). I had blocked myself from Premium Messaging and the forum had a short tutorial on how to fix it.
    10-10-2013 02:48 PM
    Good deal

Sent from my AT&T GNote 2 on top of a Beanstalk
    10-10-2013 03:03 PM
    I've also done this today & can't find how to unblock myself please could u help??
    12-29-2013 01:58 PM
    04-22-2014 12:55 PM
    I know this is old. However I would like to provide the answer in case someone else finds themselves here without an answer as I did.

Galaxy S5. Im sure with a little wisdom, this can be used on most newer androids.

Go to Settings>
    Application manager>
    scroll over to All >
    scroll down to messaging>
    scroll down to permissions>
    make your selection. Allow all, ask, or do not allow.
    12-02-2015 11:04 AM
    Has anyone got any solutions for the same problem but galaxy s7?
    03-23-2016 03:07 PM
    I'm having the same problem and can't find a solution.
    05-13-2016 06:34 PM
    I found out the way to turn on again about asking premium sms with SAMSUNG S7
    setting->app manager, them choose MORE, SHOW SYSTEM APP, them you should scroll down to find Message Service, tap on it. And you will see its permissions "Send premium text message"
    07-22-2016 03:48 PM
    Thank you for posting this - I did the same thing this morning and the above instructions weren't working for my S6 - but yours did!!! All is well again!
    08-06-2016 09:58 AM
    joseph234's
    Posts2 Posts
    I found out the way to turn on again about asking premium sms with SAMSUNG S7
    setting->app manager, them choose MORE, SHOW SYSTEM APP, them you should scroll down to find Message Service, tap on it. And you will see its permissions "Send premium text message"

I wanted to let everyone know that I tried this on my J7 Samsung and it worked. I tried call the mobile company ( Metro PCS) and They were no help at all. They told me to keep turn off and on my phone for the phone to reset.
    I followed the directions Joseph234's posted and they worked great.
    10-31-2016 01:06 PM
    Wanted to thank you for the tips. They worked great. The company Metro PCS didn't even know who to reset it. This took 2 mins and I was on the phone with Metro for over 20 mins and nothing worked.
    Thank you
    10-31-2016 01:08 PM
    it took me a bit more googling this morning after i posted this, and i finally found my answer on a t-mobile forum (even though i have verizon). I had blocked myself from premium messaging and the forum had a short tutorial on how to fix it.
    hi can you share the link to unblock a number i did the with by accident i cant find anything in my settings.
    Thank you m.
    03-05-2017 03:42 AM
    Has anyone got any solutions for the same problem but galaxy s7?
    So i figured out with the new android update ( v7,0) you go to app manager then hit the settings at the top right with the three dots and its under "special Access" from there you can access premium text message services. not from the message service app. so with the new update on android, every post has it wrong. took me a while but i got it. goood luck.
    Adzrhino likes this.
    04-10-2017 02:00 PM
    So i figured out with the new android update ( v7,0) you go to app manager then hit the settings at the top right with the three dots and its under "special Access" from there you can access premium text message services. not from the message service app. so with the new update on android, every post has it wrong. took me a while but i got it. goood luck.
    You are my hero! I had to sign up just to thank you. I've been blocked since I got the phone as a replacement for my Note7 last year. Thank you!
    05-11-2017 09:17 AM
    I've tried with the best of my best abilities to follow this, but I have a different type of phone. I have the same problem, though my phone is a ZTE ZMAX PRO. Please someone help me with this!!!
    09-24-2017 05:15 AM