01-08-2017 02:59 PM
81 1234
tools
    My Problem is the same exact as yours, and the serial number is th1d6..... it just shut off on me suddenly and wont turn back on for anything. i tried plugging it in, taking the battery out for 5 mins, restarting it, NOTHing. i cant get it to do anything. i even tried plugging it into the charger without the battery and it wont do my normal screen with usually says something about battery missing. but absolutely nothing.. you still think its completely the battery?
    05-26-2014 07:43 PM
    I was running into the same issue this morning and after some trial and error diagnostics, I realized the MicroSD had malfunctioned causing my Galaxy S4 to overheat and shutdown, restart and shutdown, restart...ad naseum. Removed the MicroSD and everything was back to normal except no extra memory.
    05-30-2014 05:16 PM
    Hey, I had the same problems. The problem is the battery. I took it to the Samsung store and when the guy pulled out the battery he noticed that it was warped. So you should pull out your battery and see if it has expanded (a healthy battery will be flush from side to side and you should not feel any bulges). I called Samsung and they wanted me to send in the entire device but I told them I can't because I need my phone for work and my old phones are not compatible with the smaller sim cards. So they just wanted me to send in my proof of purchase and some pictures of the battery. But the best thing to do is call 1-800-SAMSUNG first and they should be able to assist you. If you want to avoid sending in your entire phone just say that you need your phone for work...or any other excuse.

Good Luck
    What happened after you sent the proof of purchase? Did they replace? My phone has been doing that ever since, I just feel lazy to send it to customer care
    06-15-2014 10:38 AM
    I'm having this issue also.....battery starts with th.....do I need a battery or replacement device??? Very annoying just got this phone friday

Posted via Android Central App
    06-15-2014 05:36 PM
    thank you darnell I have the same issue but now I just can buy a new battery i guess
    07-09-2014 05:03 AM
    i have the same problem. will suddenly shut down- if im in the middle of a call a loud buzzing sound starts and the phone shuts off andthen i can spend up to hours trying to turn it back on. help!
    07-22-2014 05:54 AM
    Bought S4, refurb, a few wks after 90 day warranty shutting down, ( no battery swelling or perceptible overeat). Tried 3rd repkacemet battery, RAV, You Tube vid; seemed to solve initially. ATT holding me to finish 2 yr contract, even though they're in the process of eliminating those for all users. Gonna try Christian S. Solution re micro SD...
    08-02-2014 05:04 AM
    My cell has been turning off and then when it comes back on app are missing.

09-01-2014 10:49 PM
    JoshGeiger1 did you find how to fix that problem? i have exactly the same issue
    09-16-2014 10:01 PM
    Please follow the steps below. These steps will not delete any data on the phone as it refreshes the device memory by deleting the temporary files on the phone.
    1. Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).
    2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Power key.
    3. When the device vibrates; release only the Power key.
    4. When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up key.
    5. Navigate with the Volume keys to the wipe cache partition option and press the Power key to select.
    6. While the reboot system now is selected, press the Power key to reboot the phone.
    01-27-2015 07:36 AM
    Please follow the steps below. These steps will not delete any data on the phone as it refreshes the device memory by deleting the temporary files on the phone.
    5. Navigate with the Volume keys to the wipe cache partition option and press the Power key to select.
    6. While the reboot system now is selected, press the Power key to reboot the phone.
    01-27-2015 07:37 AM
    01-27-2015 07:40 AM
    01-27-2015 07:47 AM
    01-27-2015 09:33 AM
    Bought S4, refurb, a few wks after 90 day warranty shutting down, ( no battery swelling or perceptible overeat). Tried 3rd repkacemet battery, RAV, You Tube vid; seemed to solve initially. ATT holding me to finish 2 yr contract, even though they're in the process of eliminating those for all users. Gonna try Christian S. Solution re micro SD...
    01-27-2015 09:34 AM
    My Problem is the same exact as yours, and the serial number is th1d6..... it just shut off on me suddenly and wont turn back on for anything. i tried plugging it in, taking the battery out for 5 mins, restarting it, NOTHing. i cant get it to do anything. i even tried plugging it into the charger without the battery and it wont do my normal screen with usually says something about battery missing. but absolutely nothing.. you still think its completely the battery?
    01-27-2015 09:36 AM
    I have all of these problems, but I don't need to plug it in to start it all the time. And it usually happens when it gets a little overheated. I checked my battery I saw no warping, nor did I feel any bumps. I have no idea what's going on. :/
    05-09-2015 02:50 PM
    I had the same thing for the past 2 months, even had my carrier send me out a brand new battery under my warrenty.. didn't work.. but what DID WORK was clearing the cache partition.. Tyvm to the poster that suggested that in like 15 straight posts lol...

Turn off, remove & reinsert battery.
    Press Volume up, then hold power button.
    Samsung logo appears, let go of power button , continue holding volume up, until u see you're in recovery mode, (little blue lettering upper left corner of screen). Scroll to "Clear Cache Partition", using the volume down button. Select by pressing the power button. When finished, select Reboot System.. Your done..

This DOES NOT erase or mess with any of your data. And after tring everything under the sun that was suggested, (in many many threads besides just this one), the only thing that actually worked for my GS4.. 5 days and counting & not one restart.. NOT ONCE.. Not even in my pocket while working in 86 degrees direct sunlight..

So unless you're absolutely positive it wasnt/isn't your battery.. this is the only thing that actually worked for the "non battery" GS4 restart issue.. GL..
    06-05-2015 11:51 AM
    My phone did this a while ago so i got a new battery and it was fine until last week. It shuts down randomly and looses signal and the 2nd battery doesn't start with BD.
    What would you suggest to do?
    07-21-2015 08:56 AM
    weird, it doesnt work on my S4
    07-26-2015 11:19 PM
    i mean how to access the reboot meny. Hold the the vol/power no menu.
    07-26-2015 11:21 PM
    09-02-2015 07:43 PM
    My S4 has been shutting down randomly for a while and will not reboot unless either left for half an hour or so, or is connected to the charger. The battery can be as much as 85-90% or down at 30%, it is quite random. Even though it had not shut down all day today, I've just gone through the process of wiping the cache partition and lo and behold on rebooting it shut down two seconds after seeing the home screen! I don't know what the thickness of the battery should be (it's China made), but it does look like it might be slightly swollen. I guess I should change it!
    09-02-2015 07:43 PM
    If the battery is swollen then get a new one asap as swollen batteries are dangerous. You can see if it is swollen by laying the battery on a flat surface & spin it. The battery should not spin, if it spins then get a new one.

09-03-2015 05:25 AM
    My problem is a little different. It has been randomly shutting down but when I plug it in and turn it on it works fine and it seems to be working fine unplugged. Will doing a factory reset fix this problem
    10-30-2015 05:35 PM
81 1234