01-08-2017 01:59 PM
81 ... 234
tools
    i have a same problem with you. My phone s4 sometimes turn off by itself. The screen just comeback when i connect the phone with charger. it make me crazy for 2 weeks. After upgrade my phone to newest rom version 5.0.1, the problem had gone. But when i install "assistive touch for android" software, the problem turn again. So i think first of all, if you use that software, please remove it immediately. if the problem still happen, you should upgrade your phone to newest rom version.
    12-03-2015 07:57 AM
    did replacing battery work? mine is doing the same thing... shutting down and won't come back on at all... very frustrusting.
    05-08-2016 07:39 AM
    So my phone shuts off randomly around 98% - 40% battery life even with a brand new battery. And will not turn back on until you charge. I see the samsung logo when i try briefly. I tried 3 brand new batterys to make sure. If its charging it wont shut off so i got a charging case and ive been using it for over a year. Im pretty sure its the motherboard. Also any video i play has a 2-3 second lag in the audio. I reset my phone multiple times. Updated everything with no change at all. Mother board replacement os super easy but i cant find anyone with this problem online.
    05-17-2016 12:17 PM
    Hello.
    I've really tried searching for forumposts which describes the problem I'm experiencing, but not really anything like it.

Okay, I've had my phone for a few months now, and over the past week, it has been shutting itself down, even though there is plenty of battery left.
    It seems like when I'm "stressing" the phone alittle bit, I can reproduce the problem. For instance, it usually happens when I browse around and multitask - jumping from one app to another... Also, if i just load the game GTA III, which is somewhat heavy to run, it shuts off within 10 minutes, usually less.
    Also, I'm unable to reproduce the problem if I plug the phone to a power charger.

Firmware is the newest 4.2.2, kernel 3.4.0-1220396.

So, my first thought is that battery? I figure that since the device shuts off, and does not reboot, its unlikely to be a software issue.
    My other thought is the heat, even though its never really hot or anything when it does this - maybe alittle warmer then normal body temperature, but nothing serious.

So I'm lost. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated Is it just repair time??

EDIT: I tried this app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....KyusokuHouden

It runs for a whole 3 seconds before my phone shuts off.

Regards,
    Anders
    This exact thing happens to my phone everday. I really wanted to use the new Pokémon Go app but when I go out, my phone shuts off as usual.
    07-11-2016 03:50 PM
    Just brought a used S4 ,all work when showing it by seller ,(seller wont get back to me,so id say knew about problem) got home and now find it turns itself off,it was factory reset so done all the updates when at home,
    still same problem, seen this thread about battery, my battery does not seem to have a serial number on it , but does seem to have a bulge in the middle and does keeps spinning when layed flat on table,as suggested in other post to check, so have ordered a new one off ebay,(so many sellers to chose from dont know if it will be anygood noticed some with BD serial number and made in china, so avoided them), hoping this will solve the problem, will update.
    12-29-2016 05:00 PM
    UPDATE , old thread i know but might be of some use to someone, yes, new battery solve my problem (above post).
    01-08-2017 01:59 PM
81 ... 234