Hi all,

Basically im new to andriod and have just hopped over from iOS. Im loving my new s4 however there is one major problem I am having with it and that is the volume level!! Its waaaaay too low! I play 95% of my music through my car via aux. And compared to my iphone its a whisper!..literally!

My phone volume settings are on full and iv even tried boosting the treble and mids up in the equaliser and it still doesnt have a huge effect.

Another volume related problem is when I use the satnav app 'navfree' while playing music. When the app talks to tell me direcrions it lowers my music volume so I am supoose to be able to hear her speak but shes even quieter than I whisper its ridiculous. I have been through the in app settings and the volume is on 100%. I used this app on my iphone with no problems at all. Can anyone please suggest any ideas to help rectify this as its a huge problem for me and will most likely end with me back to an iPhone

Thanks in advance
    10-12-2013 02:06 PM
    Hi all,

Basically im new to andriod and have just hopped over from iOS. Im loving my new s4 however there is one major problem I am having with it and that is the volume level!! Its waaaaay too low! I play 95% of my music through my car via aux. And compared to my iphone its a whisper!..literally!

My phone volume settings are on full and iv even tried boosting the treble and mids up in the equaliser and it still doesnt have a huge effect.

Another volume related problem is when I use the satnav app 'navfree' while playing music. When the app talks to tell me direcrions it lowers my music volume so I am supoose to be able to hear her speak but shes even quieter than I whisper its ridiculous. I have been through the in app settings and the volume is on 100%. I used this app on my iphone with no problems at all. Can anyone please suggest any ideas to help rectify this as its a huge problem for me and will most likely end with me back to an iPhone

Thanks in advance
    I had same problem. Found out that while connected to car with bluetooth if I press the volume up button a new box appears with an additional volume slider for bluetooth volume. It was set quite low so I boosted it up and problem was solved. This menu appears only when bluetooth is connected & not when bluetooth is merely switched on. I thought it odd but it worked.
    Edit : Thinking back I am not sure if it was volume keys or in Settings - - sound - - volume. Either way, the extra choice appears only when bluetooth is actually connected to a device.
    Hope this works for you.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4
    10-12-2013 02:19 PM
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance
    I had this problem. Solved it by going into settings and adjusting volune level for music, video, games and other media.
    04-10-2014 05:08 PM