Need help regarding android.process.media

Rob Waters

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

So my girlfriends dad has just got his new galaxy s4 phone.

He tried to set an mp3 sound as his ringtone but infact chose an empty folder, so when called, it would just ring silent.

I have tried to access the sound setting menu which works fine, but when i click on ringtones, to change it back to a system ringtone, i just get the error, android.process.media has stopped and am unable to select a default sound.

I could do with a bit of help as the phone just rings silent, even when on loud.

Thanks, Rob.

azaharna

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
hi b.diddy how are you
i have galaxy mega 5.8 when i open gallery given me messege ( android process media stoped) please help me

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
hi b.diddy how are you
i have galaxy mega 5.8 when i open gallery given me messege ( android process media stoped) please help me

Welcome to Android Central! I'll suggest wiping the cache partition for you as well, which won't make you lose any important data (only temporary system data that might be messing things up). From what I can find on the web, steps are as follows:

1. Power the phone off.
2. Press and hold the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons all at the same time until the Recovery menu appears.
3. Select "Wipe Cache Partition" using the volume buttons to scroll, and the Power button to execute.
4. When done, select "Reboot System Now" and press the Power button to execute.

Hope that works!

azaharna

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
hii there ....
i do same the steps you told me but its same probelm i have please any more solution ...
my mobile new only 3 day before i buy it

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have an external SD card? Try unmounting it and removing it. If it's a media process that's failing, it's possible there's a n media file that's corrupt somewhere, and it tends to occur more often on the SD.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20