So I know I have to have mobile data enabled to send MMS, but if I'm connected to wifi when I do so, does that waste my data? I want to send a few small videos, but they'll eat through my data plan
    10-13-2013 05:23 PM
    If the s4 is anything like the nexus4, data must be enabled and mms will be sent via data however, everything else will be wifi related data usage.
    10-13-2013 08:30 PM
    The data used by MMS does NOT come from your data plan -- it is paid for in the SMS/MMS fee (plan or pay as you go).
    10-13-2013 11:37 PM
    The data used by MMS does NOT come from your data plan -- it is paid for in the SMS/MMS fee (plan or pay as you go).
    That doesn't sound right. I can understand it working that way for plain text, but I want to send video, I can't imagine pics and video not requiring extra data
    10-14-2013 06:25 AM
    That doesn't sound right. I can understand it working that way for plain text, but I want to send video, I can't imagine pics and video not requiring extra data
    That's why they charge more for MMS--see pay as you go rates. Remember MMS is available on feature phones (limited data) and dumb phones (no data plans at all)--it predates smartphones by years (decades?). The people that drafted the standards expected one low-res photo not multiple huge photos and certainly not high-res videos. The standard really needs to be modified and turned into a true cross platform cross carrier IM system for today's phones.
    10-14-2013 10:44 AM
    You're right Acard... It does use data but the carrier ignores that data. The reason is because you pay for unlimited text, photo, and video... So if they charge you data those others (text, picture, and video) wouldn't be unlimited right? They would have to have a * by it to explain... And they don't. So you're good! .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    10-14-2013 11:07 AM