At a loss for a solution: Gmail app

Spartacus MD

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I have had this problem for a long time now but I get no notifications for gmail at all. No sounds, no notifications in the status bar. .nothing.

Notifications are enabled within gmail. Sync is enabled. I've been trouble shooting for days....I even uninstalled the updates and still no luck. Then I reinstalled the updates and no luck. cleared data and no luck.

I've tried everything and I get nothing out of Gmail. The default Samsung app notifies me just fine and even the Gmail dashclock extension notifies me.

What gives???

Posted via Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have had this problem for a long time now but I get no notifications for gmail at all. No sounds, no notifications in the status bar. .nothing.

Notifications are enabled within gmail. Sync is enabled. I've been trouble shooting for days....I even uninstalled the updates and still no luck. Then I reinstalled the updates and no luck. cleared data and no luck.

I've tried everything and I get nothing out of Gmail. The default Samsung app notifies me just fine and even the Gmail dashclock extension notifies me.

What gives???

try a hard factory fresh reset and then reinstall and resync everything one by one manually.

good luck.

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
You store your photos and videos on an SD Card, your contacts on Google, and if you have messages you want to back up, you can do it with SMS Backup & Restore.

I'm sorry I can't help more... I haven't experienced this problem with my Gmail app.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
How do I do a hard factory reset without losing my photos videos and contacts and apps??

If you have contacts saved onto the google cloud, it should be automatically restored back when you do a factory reset. For photos you will need to transfer them to your SD card or plug in your computer and transfer it that way (I believe you can via Kies? I could be wrong). To store it to your SD card, select the photos and move them to your SD card storage.

As for the notification, mine works 100% of the time. I wish I could help but I would try the suggestion above.