ALERT! Verizon S4 Users

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
If you are on Verizon with a Galaxy S4 and have root access DO NOT update to the latest OTA Update, it will Kill your root access!

Posted via Android Central App

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
If you are on Verizon with a Galaxy S4 and have root access DO NOT update to the latest OTA Update, it will Kill your root access!

Honestly I think that goes for any or most rooted phones... You would need to use an app like voodoo root keeper to reclaim your root ..that's a pretty easy app .. .... If you didn't do that...SOL... I don't do all the rooting stuff like I use to....

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...idk how much has changed in a year since I've last rooted a phone

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Is there another OTA? we just had one a couple months ago or so where people discovered this issue.

bobarry

Dec 6, 2010
tinyurl
What version is the OTA? I just bought mine and it did 4.2.2. Is there a later update?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

bobarry

Dec 6, 2010
tinyurl
Thanks for the info. Now who's coming up with the AWS update for rooted folks?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Based on what I've read, the update is primarily for Knox stuff (under the hood). It is labeled as "I545VRUDMI1" and is still Android 4.2.2

There is already a root method post over on XDA: Root De La Vega - I545VRUDMI1 - xda-developers

Haven't seen a rooted version (ROM) be made available yet, but based what I've read about the update, it doesn't sound like anyone needs to be a real hurry to get it installed anyway. Heck, I'm still on MDK, and will probably stay there until I get rid of my S4.