Ive made the switch over from 4s to the s4. My mrs is on the iphone and her messages are not coming through? She says there still sending to me as imessages.

Any help?

Thanks
    10-17-2013 06:33 AM
    I believe you need to have her disable iMessage and just have her send SMS/MMS messages. Another method would be for her to remove your contact entry and recreate it with using just your phone #.
    10-17-2013 06:51 AM
    Thanks. Would this be the case for everyone who had me on imessage?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-17-2013 06:56 AM
    It might be. If your Mrs. is able to recover the ability to send to you by recreating your contact then I'd just use that as a prescription for other senders. My wife had this problem sending to me and this is how we resolved it.
    10-17-2013 07:20 AM
    Ive made the switch over from 4s to the s4. My mrs is on the iphone and her messages are not coming through? She says there still sending to me as imessages.

Any help?

Thanks
    You need to turn off imessage on your 4S

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4
    10-17-2013 07:46 AM
    This is a bit of a recurring problem with me as well. (mine varies slightly- I'm having more trouble with group messaging, specifically with people who previously had iPhones and now have android). However, one of the steps that solved about 90% of the problems was me going to apples website and de-registering my iPhone with Apple. I think this served to permanently cut the connection between my phone number and apples iMessage server.
    10-17-2013 08:55 AM
    This is a bit of a recurring problem with me as well. (mine varies slightly- I'm having more trouble with group messaging, specifically with people who previously had iPhones and now have android). However, one of the steps that solved about 90% of the problems was me going to apples website and de-registering my iPhone with Apple. I think this served to permanently cut the connection between my phone number and apples iMessage server.
    Yes. You need to remove your phone number from your Apple (iTunes) account so that other iPhones know not to send messages to your over the iMessage system. You shouldn't have to have the people who message you do anything after that.

If you and your wife would like to continue using a non-SMS solution for messaging (because for some folks those cost $), I suggest using Google Hangouts. She can easily install the Hangouts app on her iPhone, and if you don't already have the hangouts app on your S4, it can also be easily installed from the Play Store. There is rumor that with the release of Android 4.4 SMS will be integrated into Hangouts much like iMessage is integrated with SMS on iPhones...but the great part is, in my opinion, that iPhone users can receive Hangout messages as well as long as they have the app installed (whereas there is no iMessage app for Android). Just a suggestion.
    10-17-2013 09:07 AM
    How do I remove the number from itunes?

10-18-2013 03:08 AM
    How do I remove the number from itunes?

Go here:
    https://supportprofile.apple.com/

As a follow up, log into iCloud and hit the "find my iPhone" tab. In the middle of the top bar where it says "all devices" tap and select your phone. Delete it from there too.

Reboot your android and give it a while. If it works, it may take a while to kick in. I hope it works for you!
    10-18-2013 11:50 PM
    This is easy said than done android and apple improve on each others technology and what they have to offer and that's how technology improves

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-19-2013 12:02 AM