What's going on guys? I remember come here after I brought my s4 and see a lot of positive post and general happiness of own this device. It was like this place was a safe haven away from all the bad media and reviews about this phone.

Now it seems like the only post I see are problems or people want to switch. What happen? Is it the new phones that's out? Or is it that the media doesn't even mention the phone without saying how much better the htc one is?

I'm just wondering because it's bad enough with all that negativity outside this phone forum. To come here and just get even more negative is just a let down.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-17-2013 06:59 AM
    The S4 is still a great device. A lot of its initial teething problems have been resolved with software updates. However, this is a tough market. The G2, HTC One, Optimus G Pro, Moto X, and even Samsung's own S4 Active, and Note 3 are vying for folks dollars. I had ...had an S4 but then there was the Note 3. For some, there's just no reason to buy the S4 given the aforementioned crowd, but the S4 is still a great device.
    10-17-2013 07:06 AM
    New phones come out.. So the hype dies down for the S4 and only issues / resolutions get worked on.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    10-17-2013 07:08 AM
    It's a shame. I've had every galaxy(or at least a version of) that has came out and I never seen one of them go through what the s4 the s going through. It's crazy.

10-17-2013 07:12 AM
    It's a shame. I've had every galaxy(or at least a version of) that has came out and I never seen one of them go through what the s4 the s going through. It's crazy.

Sucks for sure. Hopefully they learn for the S5.

I went with a Note 3 and it's amazing.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    10-17-2013 07:47 AM
    I personally love my s4 and think it may be the first phone I keep for 2 years.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4
    wtherrell and killadon like this.
    10-17-2013 07:54 AM
    I still like my S4 but the fact remains that I am one of the users who got shipped a defective battery. This is a forum, after all, and in my opinion problems and troubleshooting is what makes people visit it in order to be productive. If you want nothing but positive views with the S4, go to a fan club or a media event from Samsung. Hype goes up and goes down and the fact remains that you only get to know a device after months of using it.

This forum would be completely useless as a forum if all you heard was all positive stuff with the S4. I don't think there is anything wrong with it not being what you think it should be.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    10-17-2013 09:09 AM
    Le me start with all due respect , because I don't want my response to sound snarly or disrespectful. I never stated that I want nothing but positivity. Let me reread my post just to makes sure. Give me a second. Ok yea no didn't state that. Now I do see where you could have piece that together so I will clarify the point I was getting to. When the phone first came out the general census was positive on this phone. There was some moans here and there, but to say the least it was just a general positive experience to come here.

Well lately the general positivity has seem to be replaced with angry, frustration, disgruntledness (ok it's not that bad but you get the point) when just a few months ago it was totally different. So the question I was trying to relay was what changed? Some nice people have already made some very valid points in which makes sense. Like when Almeuit stated about the new phones coming out and taking hype away from the s4 or Haalcyon when he brung up the point about a tough market and buying the note 3 which at the moment is samsung new hotness..

So to end this I just want to say I'm not looking for a wonderland of happy people lol no my friend. I understand the ying and the yang of this forum very well. Just at the moment it seems there is more yang than ying. Hope you don't take offence to my response. If you do it wasn't in my intent to.
    10-17-2013 06:24 PM
    For some its just the newness wore off. For others they found out what they needed and moved on. Happy with their phones and silently content.
    I am totally happy with my S4 and Note 10.1. I don't post as much anymore but I'm here and on xda every day watching. Lots of good info to be gained here still.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4
    10-18-2013 07:09 AM
    Again, it was never that I wasn't happy with my S4 it was just that I found new devices that made me happier. At the time I bought the S4 I hadn't even heard of LG's Optimus G Pro or read the mostly positive reviews. Had I heard of it then I would have bought it then. ...and I'd still have a Note 3 now.

Nexus 7
    10-18-2013 12:23 PM