T-Mobile Galaxy S4 shut off overnight

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks,

My fiancee has had her Galaxy S4 for a couple months now and she loves it. But there's been this issue that makes her phone problematic.

When she charges it at night (its only happened twice) the phone will go black. Like a deep sleep. Her alarm won't work etc. It's just the screen is black, but lit and the notification LED blinks blue.

She's can't afford to be late for work so its kind of a big deal. Granted its not a constant problem, in fact it's rarely a problem, but due to the possible severely negative outcome its a major issue. What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance from her and myself.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks,

My fiancee has had her Galaxy S4 for a couple months now and she loves it. But there's been this issue that makes her phone problematic.

When she charges it at night (its only happened twice) the phone will go black. Like a deep sleep. Her alarm won't work etc. It's just the screen is black, but lit and the notification LED blinks blue.

She's can't afford to be late for work so its kind of a big deal. Granted its not a constant problem, in fact it's rarely a problem, but due to the possible severely negative outcome its a major issue. What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance from her and myself.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

You can try to reboot into recovery and do a cache wipe. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
But I think the may be an actual problem with the phone that you may need to contact your carrier or Samsung about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith