Ok, so I'm in the process of installing the Infamous S4 ROM. It is almost done but it gives me 6 options for kernels. The first 3 are for my phone (T-Mobile S4) but I don't know which one I should use.
    First says "BioShock TMO/CAN Kernel - My daily driver"
    Second says "Infamous TMO/CAN Kernel- Great stable kernel"
    Third says "Infamous TMO/CAN Kernel - 64gig ext friendly" I presume this last one isnt for me since my sd is only 32 gigs.
    Anyone know which one to flash?
    10-17-2013 07:10 PM
    Ok, so I'm in the process of installing the Infamous S4 ROM. It is almost done but it gives me 6 options for kernels. The first 3 are for my phone (T-Mobile S4) but I don't know which one I should use.
    First says "BioShock TMO/CAN Kernel - My daily driver"
    Second says "Infamous TMO/CAN Kernel- Great stable kernel"
    Third says "Infamous TMO/CAN Kernel - 64gig ext friendly" I presume this last one isnt for me since my sd is only 32 gigs.
    Anyone know which one to flash?
    They are all usable kernels. I would say the first or second one. Developer uses 1 as daily driver, so that is good. 2 is declared stable.. Of the 2 I would choose the 2nd one.
    Rise Against likes this.
    10-17-2013 09:55 PM
    They are all usable kernels. I would say the first or second one. Developer uses 1 as daily driver, so that is good. 2 is declared stable.. Of the 2 I would choose the 2nd one.
    Thanks, ended up going with that one. I can't believe it but I don't like this ROM at all. It was advertised as a lag free ROM but it lags more than stock TouchWiz and i cant modify the UI as much as i thought because the framework is incompatible according to 3minit. Not sure what it is, might have to go back to CyanogenMod.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-17-2013 11:40 PM
    Thanks, ended up going with that one. I can't believe it but I don't like this ROM at all. It was advertised as a lag free ROM but it lags more than stock TouchWiz and i cant modify the UI as much as i thought because the framework is incompatible according to 3minit. Not sure what it is, might have to go back to CyanogenMod.

That sucks...to each his own though. I didn't like CyanogenMod :\
    10-18-2013 12:03 AM

I liked Slimrom formy S3.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    10-18-2013 12:27 AM
    I liked Slimrom formy S3.

Is it like CyanogenMod?
    10-18-2013 02:47 PM
    Found this TW based rom for the t-mobile s4 but it says it's based on the internation s4 firmware. what does the "XXUDMI1" mean. it's one of the features listed
    10-18-2013 03:34 PM
    Is it like CyanogenMod?
    It is AOSP like CM.

Rise Against likes this.
    10-18-2013 04:17 PM
    It is AOSP like CM.

Downloaded the rom
    If I get a rom that doesn't work would restoring a nandroid fix it? The goldeneye one looks pretty cool but it's based on the international firmware
    10-18-2013 04:42 PM
    Downloaded the rom
    If I get a rom that doesn't work would restoring a nandroid fix it? The goldeneye one looks pretty cool but it's based on the international firmware
    Yes but typical rule of thumb is, if you are on a US carrier, don't flash an international ROM.

10-18-2013 08:18 PM
    Yes but typical rule of thumb is, if you are on a US carrier, don't flash an international ROM.

It's based on the international firmware but it was made for the T-Mobile variant. Its specifically made for it, not just compatible. I was just wondering if that's common. He looks like he's a well-known developer

10-18-2013 09:48 PM
    It's based on the international firmware but it was made for the T-Mobile variant. Its specifically made for it, not just compatible. I was just wondering if that's common. He looks like he's a well-known developer

Not typically. International variants usually get better ROMs, and usually aren't ported to the US.

10-18-2013 10:08 PM
    Not typically. International variants usually get better ROMs, and usually aren't ported to the US.

One of the few I posted the link in one of the posts above. Could you please check it out?

10-18-2013 11:39 PM
    One of the few I posted the link in one of the posts above. Could you please check it out?

I know the developer says it is modified for Tmo...but I dislike the idea of ported ROMs. Its one more thing that can go wrong.

Rise Against likes this.
    10-19-2013 12:14 AM
    I know the developer says it is modified for Tmo...but I dislike the idea of ported ROMs. Its one more thing that can go wrong.

Hmm, so you wouldn't recommend it? Wish I had a spare phone lying around to try it on XD
    Ok, thanks a million for the help. Going to try slim bean tomorrow.

10-19-2013 01:58 AM

Just noticed that myself, most of the TouchWiz based ROMs like Omega and Wanamlite are made for international versions only
    10-19-2013 06:09 AM
    Just noticed that myself, most of the TouchWiz based ROMs like Omega and Wanamlite are made for international versions only
    Just asking, what will happen to those US phones if you flash an international ROM to it? Yea I know its a noob question.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    10-19-2013 06:43 AM
    Just asking, what will happen to those US phones if you flash an international ROM to it? Yea I know its a noob question.

If it's a port it could work, if you use the file for the actual international version it could potentially brick it
    10-19-2013 08:29 AM
    If it's a port it could work, if you use the file for the actual international version it could potentially brick it
    Oh ok thanks for that. So that means the US version use a different form of encoding from the international model?

10-19-2013 08:38 AM
    Oh ok thanks for that. So that means the US version use a different form of encoding from the international model?

Yes, the firmware is different since the hardware is different (Quad-core vs Octa-core for example)
    10-19-2013 08:48 AM

Yes, the firmware is different since the hardware is different (Quad-core vs Octa-core for example)
    Hmm, so you wouldn't recommend it? Wish I had a spare phone lying around to try it on XD
    Ok, thanks a million for the help. Going to try slim bean tomorrow.

I just had someone ask me about a ported ROM to Verizon earlier this week. I think the port was incorrect and they bricked their device.
    10-19-2013 09:08 AM
    I just had someone ask me about a ported ROM to Verizon earlier this week. I think the port was incorrect and they bricked their device.
    Wow. Was it an international ROM as well?

10-19-2013 02:18 PM
    Wow. Was it an international ROM as well?

Yup.

10-19-2013 03:56 PM
    i have i337m canadian verson and try over5 international roms all working good no problems , using now omega v12 waiting for v13 tw 4.3
    i'm just testing vision rom base on mj5 with kt kernal working like a charm no issues with data or wifi
    10-19-2013 04:10 PM