Asphalt 8 freezes and crashes

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

So I've been playing Asphalt 8 for two weeks or so on my GS4 on high graphics. Everything has been silky smooth up until now. Now my game faces occasional freezes and crashes.. and it happens quite often now. I have not dropped the phone or anything. I even ran Antutu benchmark to see if my device would have a lower score, actually in fact was my highest benchmark yet.

I do run the game on Power Saving mode, but that has never been a problem before in the previous two weeks. Can anyone explain?

Thank you.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

So I've been playing Asphalt 8 for two weeks or so on my GS4 on high graphics. Everything has been silky smooth up until now. Now my game faces occasional freezes and crashes.. and it happens quite often now. I have not dropped the phone or anything. I even ran Antutu benchmark to see if my device would have a lower score, actually in fact was my highest benchmark yet.

I do run the game on Power Saving mode, but that has never been a problem before in the previous two weeks. Can anyone explain?

Thank you.

Did the app update?

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I tried it with Power Saving mode off, still crashes.. I factory reset my phone and re-installed the game.. still crashes... If i didn't pay or enjoy this game so much I wouldn't be going through all this trouble ..Also I checked the app in the play store and it was last updated yesterday, the day all the crashes started happening.. Could it be linked?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I tried it with Power Saving mode off, still crashes.. I factory reset my phone and re-installed the game.. still crashes... If i didn't pay or enjoy this game so much I wouldn't be going through all this trouble ..Also I checked the app in the play store and it was last updated yesterday, the day all the crashes started happening.. Could it be linked?

Probably.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

John Winchester1

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes I Can Explain Because i play it on my S4 Too... Its Wifi... The Game Does Not Crash When You Disable Wifi.. But when its on It crashes... I Noticed It Today... I Recently Experienced The Same Crash And Freeze Too .. Its Annoying.. But Now What If I Want to play multiplayer.. i wont be able.. I Need Help Of How to disable Game Freeze I Think Its From The Ads On The Game Maybe.. Its why you have to disable your wifi and then play asphalt.. tell me if it works because it worked on my s4

Gomez Miziara

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes I Can Explain Because i play it on my S4 Too... Its Wifi... The Game Does Not Crash When You Disable Wifi.. But when its on It crashes... I Noticed It Today... I Recently Experienced The Same Crash And Freeze Too .. Its Annoying.. But Now What If I Want to play multiplayer.. i wont be able.. I Need Help Of How to disable Game Freeze I Think Its From The Ads On The Game Maybe.. Its why you have to disable your wifi and then play asphalt.. tell me if it works because it worked on my s4

I have a Moto G. It's the same with me, I Also never dropped it.. I tried disabling wi-fi, but didn't work.. Too bad Asphalt is one of the very few Good games when there are so many sh*tty ones on google play.