I have this problem with my S4's auto-brightness feature: If I step outside, because there's more light, it automatically increases the brightness in a few seconds. But, when I return inside, it doesn't adjust to the new conditions and reduce the brightness. Not until I lock the device and unlock it. After that, everything turns back to normal, but if I don't do this, the screen will remain on a higher brightness setting until the device is locked.

Can I do something about it? I tried entering the Settings menu, but all I've found is how to turn on and off this setting, and adjust the level of auto-brightness (-5 to +5).
    10-18-2013 02:01 AM
    I have this problem with my S4's auto-brightness feature: If I step outside, because there's more light, it automatically increases the brightness in a few seconds. But, when I return inside, it doesn't adjust to the new conditions and reduce the brightness. Not until I lock the device and unlock it. After that, everything turns back to normal, but if I don't do this, the screen will remain on a higher brightness setting until the device is locked.

Can I do something about it? I tried entering the Settings menu, but all I've found is how to turn on and off this setting, and adjust the level of auto-brightness (-5 to +5).
    I have this issue too. I reckon that it has to do with the inside having light too. From what I know, auto brightness works by the light sensor detecting the lux. There is a certain lux limit before auto brightness will adjust. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    10-18-2013 02:45 AM
    There is a certain lux limit before auto brightness will adjust.
    That doesn't explain the strange behavior. It's not like the amount of lux and the lock of the screen always coincide. It's clearly because the sensor only works after the screen is locked, in the case of turning the brightness down.
    10-18-2013 07:11 AM
    That doesn't explain the strange behavior. It's not like the amount of lux and the lock of the screen always coincide. It's clearly because the sensor only works after the screen is locked, in the case of turning the brightness down.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    10-19-2013 01:01 AM