Downloading...

MichaelTaylor91

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I dont know if this is where to post this but if not please move...

Ive downloaded utorrent and tryibg to find torrents, but my network keeps going off and gettung this message...

"Are you using your phone as a modem or personal hotspot?

Reference SIM002Using your phone as a modem and connecting it to other devices through WiFi or USB to get onto the internet (also called 'tethering'), is not what the plan you're on was designed for. If you would like to speak to someone about tethering options available to you, please call 333 free from your Three phone.In the meantime if you want to get your phone back to browsing the internet you'll need to turn it off, allow it to reset itself for a few moments, and then turn it on again.If you're looking for a Mobile Broadband connection, you'll get a better, cheaper and faster experience on one of our Mobile Broadband tariffs or devices. Just go to your nearest 3Store"

Posted via Android Central App

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I guess the first question is are you?
If not go under setting and make sure your hotspot is turned off.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I dont know if this is where to post this but if not please move...

Ive downloaded utorrent and tryibg to find torrents, but my network keeps going off and gettung this message...

"Are you using your phone as a modem or personal hotspot?

Reference SIM002Using your phone as a modem and connecting it to other devices through WiFi or USB to get onto the internet (also called 'tethering'), is not what the plan you're on was designed for. If you would like to speak to someone about tethering options available to you, please call 333 free from your Three phone.In the meantime if you want to get your phone back to browsing the internet you'll need to turn it off, allow it to reset itself for a few moments, and then turn it on again.If you're looking for a Mobile Broadband connection, you'll get a better, cheaper and faster experience on one of our Mobile Broadband tariffs or devices. Just go to your nearest 3Store"

My guess is it's because when using uTorrent you are not only downloading quite a bit, but also uploading...and it's the increased download/upload activity that triggers that alarm. If you're using uTorrent on your phone, it's probably best to be connected to wifi. For one, if you're on a tiered data plan, you'll eat through your data allowance VERY quickly if using mobile data to download torrents, but even if you're on unlimited most carriers will probably flag that activity and not be happy with you (depending on your carrier/country of origin, I'm not sure if there's anything they can do or if you care).

If you absolutely must download over mobile data, I'd suggest throttling your upload speed, if possible...

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
^ that is a very good response.
In the utorrent settings you can change your upload speed. I would also recommend you change your port in the utorrent settings.

MichaelTaylor91

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I have since been onto three and asked them who said that utorrent makes my phone act like a modem as peopke are able to download the file from my phone (seeding) (exactly what you have said)

I asked about tethering prices and it would be very expensive to use instead of my normal "all you can eat data" ?5 extra/pm on bill and limited to 8gb (which is nothing when downloading) extra ?5 per gb after the 8gb usage

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I am guessing it's your network. I'm on unlimited data on my network here in the Philippines and have never received that sort of message, even when I am using my phone as a hotspot for other devices.
I think that Three sucks now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma