I just handled a Note 3, and while it's still too big (which is the reason why I moved down from the Note 2 to the S4), there was one feature that made me contemplate switching back - while some people may make fun of the faux leather back, it feels insanely good in the hand. It's soft and grippy, and it made the Note 3 feel much nicer than the Note 2 or S4. What I really hope is that someone, whether it's Samsung or a third party, will make a replacement back cover with the same feel as the Note 3 back.
    10-20-2013 06:56 PM
    I saw this but don't know anything about it.
    http://store.androidcommunity.com/st...A123A15106.htm

I know it's a case but...

Posted via Android Central App
    10-20-2013 07:45 PM
    I'd rather have the back cover instead of a snap on case because there would be no added bulk. But that is an intriguing option..
    10-20-2013 08:18 PM
    Hey, someone does make one:

http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Plasti...cUvbUpU3156165

Going to go read the reviews. Looks good so far.

There's also this one, but it's more expensive :

http://www.amazon.com/Carbon-Fiber-B...cUvbUpU3156165

I'm a bit apprehensive that they're actually the same product.
    wildblue likes this.
    10-20-2013 08:28 PM
    I ended up ordering the cheaper one. From what I could tell, it was the same product.
    10-20-2013 08:59 PM
    Nice find! I actually found one by the same manufacturer for my Galaxy Mega 6.3 after following your link. Going to be SO nice because the back of this thing is as slick as a Teflon pan.

10-21-2013 12:17 AM
    The fake leather is nice feeling.. Feels more grippy then slick like previous phones.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    10-21-2013 09:42 AM
    Ive been wanting the same type of leather case to, after you get it, could you put up a few pics, and would like to know what you think...

10-21-2013 07:02 PM
    Ordered that replacement battery door yesterday and just received notification that the expected delivery date is 20 November. Must be one of those items that they build per order in rural China then ship by boat. I know the shipping is free so I shouldn't really complain, but dang. o_0
    10-23-2013 11:35 PM
    Sorry wildblue, I actually ordered the same product from a different vendor than the one I linked to. So I got the cover yesterday. This is the link to the vendor I used:

Amazon.com: Black Pu Leather Plastic Material Replacement Battery Cover for Samsung Galaxy S Iv / I9500: Cell Phones & Accessories

The one feature I want from the Note 3-sg4back1.jpg
    The one feature I want from the Note 3-sg4back2.jpg

As you can see, it fits very nicely around all of the ports. It's embossed with the SG4 logo, and the leather pattern is nicer that I had expected.

Unfortunately, it's still stiff and plasticky in the hand, especially compared to the Note 3, which is grippier and feels more like real leather, with a soft give that lets your fingertips sink in a little. This cover has none of those qualities. Also, the Note 3 has faux stitching on the sides that give you even more grip. The sides of this cover are smooth, shiny plastic. It's probably better than the OEM cover, but it's not a huge difference.

For under $9 shipped, I'm going to keep it because it does look nice and it actually fits better than the OEM cover (there was a scrapy ridge on the bottom because the OEM back was not completely flush with the phone). I'm also hoping that some of the slickness will wear away with time. If I had the chance to play with it I would not have bought it, but I'm not going to return it even though Amazon has generous return policies.

If you still want it because of aesthetics, I recommend the vendor I used because I got it within a week.
    10-25-2013 07:59 AM
    After a day of holding the phone and slipping it in and out of my pocket, the back has become noticeably less slick. It's still nowhere near the Note 3 in comfort (which I handled again today), but it is starting to feel more like leather.
    10-25-2013 05:22 PM
    Does the back have a little texture to it then? Maybe rubbing it a little with a microfiber cloth could help. Wonder how the back compares to the cases.
    I wouldn't be too disappointed, at least you have options to customize it to your mood now.

10-25-2013 06:45 PM
    Yes, the back is textured. I'm not sure what kind of leather it's supposed to resemble, but it kind of looks like human skin. It's my Necronomicom Phone.
    10-25-2013 07:17 PM
    Anybody order the more expensive one...? Only $12.95 but anyway.. that one
    10-25-2013 10:42 PM
    Haha I would SO buy a Necronomicon back or cover, that would be amazing.
    I was just thinking earlier when some things come out of the factory they have that, idk if it's a protective, dust/sheen/residue. Not sure how to word it, some manuals will say to wipe down parts. Thought maybe a little rubbing might loosen it up or take some of the particles out of the texture cracks to give it more feel.
    Just a thought.

10-25-2013 10:49 PM
    Anybody order the more expensive one...? Only $12.95 but anyway.. that one
    I would bet 12.95 that it's the exact same product. The photos are exactly the same as are the descriptions in the reviews. This is very common on Amazon to find the same product from different vendors under different product names at wildly varying prices.
    10-26-2013 05:07 AM