Dear Gurus,

I have an issue with my login into encrypted device. I already encrypted my device since several months ago and there's no issue on logging into it.

But now, I just arrived in other country where I'd like to buy a new SIM card. Unfortunately, the store keeper didn't shut down the phone and she just taken out the battery.
    When she put new SIM Card, I can't login into my encrypted Samsung S4 even though I already input CORRECT password.
    I tried putting back my old SIM Card but the problem is still occur where CORRECT password can't let me go in (it is always said Try Again)

Is there anything I can do? Anyone have same issue like this?
    Looking forward for your advice. Thanks.

Regards,
    Chris
    10-20-2013 09:48 PM
    That's a new one...never heard of that before.

I just encrypted my device after being told in a professional seminar that some countries actually have bounties on phones and do data dumps that bypass screen locks. Now you have me a bit concerned and I'm also wondering...why bother?

Frankly, since encrypting, I'm not exactly sure what the point is. The password is the same as the screen lock--there doesn't seem to be any way to keep them separate. And the device is only encrypted when powered off, which it rarely is. So how, I'm wondering, does it give me significant extra protection over a screenlock? It doesn't seem to affect performance or anything, but if there are downsides, it seems hardly worth the effort.
    10-21-2013 08:09 AM
    I'm thinking of going to Samsung Service Center to get the answer for this but what I'm afraid is they will do hard reset which means erase all data in my SD card.
    I will definitely disable this encryption ability and recommend anyone to avoid this.

If someone knows how they way to resolve this without hard reset, it will be much appreciated. Thanks.
    10-21-2013 12:53 PM
    If you find anything out from Samsung, let us know.
    10-25-2013 08:16 PM
    Hi Chris

I have encountered the exact same problem... Just come from China and entered correct password on encrypted device... I just get "Try Again" and nothing else...Suppose the data on the phone is lost??

Cheers
    James
    12-12-2013 10:11 PM
    Hi James, were you able to get your phone fixed? If yes, How?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Chris,

I know its an old post but I am stuck with the same issue. How did you get your phone fixed?
    07-14-2014 12:45 AM
    Totally late, but try this password:

un!ockm3!
    08-14-2014 06:50 PM
    If you haven't tried already, restart your phone. Or have back up code.

Hope this helps
    05-09-2016 12:32 AM
    Same problem.here with a Samsung Galaxy S2 that I wiped in preparation of selling or giving away. I encrypted phone and did a factory reset. After reboot from the factory reset, I got the black login screen that says to "Enter password to use encrypted storage device." Encryption password doesn't work.Restarting phone doesn't work. Can't access recovery mode. The password mentioned above doesn't work. Phone is useless.
    10-09-2016 04:05 PM