Hello all, so I've got this issue with my gs4. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, its so damn frustrating. Anyways, I've been having this issue where when I misspelled a word, the correct word appears above the keyboard, but not alone. Here's an example ; if I'm typing " it is impossible" but I misspelled " impossible" and above the keyboard is the suggestion of " it is impossible". If I click on the suggestions, my sentence now looks like " it is it is impossible". Has anyone else had this issue? More importantly, does anyone know how to correct the issue besides switching keyboards? Oh, I'm using stock BTW.
    10-22-2013 09:16 AM
    Unfortunately this is a stupid bug coming from SwiftKey (which powers the Samsung Keyboard). For some dumb reason, it fails to recognize the full sentence or word and sometimes it inserts corrections right in the middle of a word (where your cursor is), splitting it in two or ending up with nonsense sentences like what you describe.

I've found that clicking the end of the word or sentence and making sure the entire portion is underlined it's the best way to avoid this. But it's not something you SHOULD be doing, it's just plain dumb on the keyboard to do this... '

BTW: Changing keyboards to SwiftKey's own, makes it even worse... yes, it's a cool and capable keyboard, but this little annoyance is quite frustrating and it's been there for quite some time now.
    10-22-2013 09:50 AM
    Thanks Spook. That sucks. I was hoping for some good news. I'm just thankful this doesn't happen every time. But I have noticed this happening more frequently. I hope it doesn't eventually become a constant issue. Bummer.
    10-22-2013 09:57 AM
    "It is impossible". Hmmm... I just tried it and it works flawlessly for me on my SwiftKey keyboard. Wonder what the difference is?
    Maybe just haven't had it happen yet.
    Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4
    ladyhaly likes this.
    10-22-2013 03:54 PM
    You might want to look in the Play store for other keyboards. There are several good ones. I use Smart Keyboard PRO, mainly for the multilingual features, but it's got a lot else going for it, including lots of customization. Its spelling correction is no better than average, but at least it doesn't insert whole phrases like that. I would avoid GO keyboard, which in my experience (a year or more ago now) started popping up notification ads.
    10-22-2013 04:12 PM
    You might want to take a look at Hackers keyboard as well. Has control, escape, & tab, arrow keys, etc. I used it a lot. Dont remember why I switched.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4
    10-22-2013 04:36 PM
    Unfortunately this is a stupid bug coming from SwiftKey (which powers the Samsung Keyboard). For some dumb reason, it fails to recognize the full sentence or word and sometimes it inserts corrections right in the middle of a word (where your cursor is), splitting it in two or ending up with nonsense sentences like what you describe.

I've found that clicking the end of the word or sentence and making sure the entire portion is underlined it's the best way to avoid this. But it's not something you SHOULD be doing, it's just plain dumb on the keyboard to do this... '

BTW: Changing keyboards to SwiftKey's own, makes it even worse... yes, it's a cool and capable keyboard, but this little annoyance is quite frustrating and it's been there for quite some time now.
    I switched to SwiftKey from day one as it is the only keyboard I use and have not experienced this issue, so I don't know what you're on about. My keyboard is fine.

Isn't it quite unfair to point the finger falsely?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    wtherrell likes this.
    10-22-2013 08:25 PM
    I switched to SwiftKey from day one as it is the only keyboard I use and have not experienced this issue, so I don't know what you're on about. My keyboard is fine.

Perhaps its not affecting everyone? I now know this issue ki da snuck up on me. One day my keyboard works fine then I started having problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps its not affecting everyone? I now know this issue ki da snuck up on me. One day my keyboard works fine then I started having problems.
    10-23-2013 12:03 AM
    I don't think that's happening on all the GS4s.
    Mine doesn't do it.
    Why don't you change to Google keyboard?
    I've been using it for about a month now and like it very much!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    10-23-2013 12:10 AM
    Yeah, it happens... try this: write something that you know is wrong. Now try putting the cursor right smack in the middle of the word and correct it. See what happens. With a REALLY smart (and obvious) keyboard, the WHOLE word gets corrected; not SwiftKey. Don't get me wrong, I love the keyboard and it's what I use (and if it adds the top number row it'd be the near perfect keyboard for me), but this is one issue that has not been addressed. And I'm not pointing fingers, you can go to the SwiftKey forums and see that I'm not the only one voting for this to get fixed.
    10-23-2013 07:37 AM
    Sorry, posted this in the wrong thread.
    10-23-2013 05:57 PM
    Sorry, posted this in the wrong thread.
    It happens!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    10-24-2013 07:58 AM