hey guys. I installed some wallpaper downloading apps in the playstore that were rated well so obviously they were safe and had good quality images. I saved some images, and only once, when I came back, this only happened once... I came back to my gallery and I saw 2 folders saying "my album" and then in one folder there was some ad and then in the other folder there were 2 other ads... is this some virus or did this just occur because I probably saved a photo and some ads came in as well when I saved that photo. is this safe? thanks
    10-22-2013 08:41 PM
    They're almost certainly associated with the wallpaper apps you installed. The ad photos themselves shouldn't be harmful, but I'm always a little suspicious of apps that give you ads without telling you in their description. If you start noticing pop-up ads in the notification bar, install Lookout Ad Network Detector to see if you can identify the source.
    10-22-2013 09:03 PM
    I deleted the apps. again this only happened once.i downloaded photos again and its fine nothing is there. I also scanned my device with Norton and it said it was safe. so is my phone good?
    10-22-2013 09:10 PM
    I think you're ok. Just keep an eye out for any unusual behavior. And before you install any app, scan through its description and its reviews first. Good developers will let you know if ads come with the app (which is perfectly understandable if the app is otherwise free), but if they don't say anything, then look for complaints in the reviews about unwanted ads or other strange behavior.
    10-22-2013 11:44 PM
    looks like I got the same ads in the morning again. same folder same ads. I think its the app's photos that I downloaded that give me those ads. well, I deleted the photos and now my phone Is fine hopefully. reviews are good for the wallpaper app.but, there is this app called zedge. I saved 2 photos from it, and when I by accidently deleted some miscellaneous data from the usage in settings, the 2 photos I downloaded were just grey like they could not be recognized by the phone. so, is this because I deleted the miscellaneous data that coudlve been the pictures themselves? thanks
    10-23-2013 04:48 PM