samsung galaxy s4 green led. help

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
hi guys. please help. the green led on my SGS4 is always there even when the device is off. how can i solve this problem. thanks in advanced guys. GodBless

keifusrahn

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
If you have notifications that you havent cleard it will stay on or If you are using any apps that utilize the LED for notifications, this happens unless you specifically go into LED Blink Rate and change it from Always On to Slow/Medium/Fast etc.download LightFlow from the play store and you will find the LED Blink Rate set to 'Always On' by default. Change it and it should go away. Let me know if it works

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hmm okay i will try it. But when i bought the device its not like that. It started when i accidentally drop the device into water for 4-6seconds. After 2 weeks since the incident it just happen that the led is always there even when there is no apps or notifications. Thank you

Posted via Android Central App

keifusrahn

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
That sounds like what the problem is probably the only way to fix that is taking the phone apart and cleaning the rust off the board "NOT RECOMMENDED" unless you have experience doing so your proly gonna have to just deal with it or you can find someone that can repair phones

VDashjian

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever get the green light fixed? I have the same exact problem. Never goes off. Even if the phone is turned off or the battery is at 1 percent. LED stays green....

Furthermore, I noticed the smart scroll doesnt work like it used to before this problem. It can no longer detect my face. Is it a coincidence or related issue? Have you noticed that?

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
the green led on my device is now fine. i brought it to samsung and let them replace it. they just replace the LED. hows your phone now? i suggest to bring it also to samsung and let them do the work. never try to open it.

hausjam

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried lightflow on my gs4 but when I tried it on my nexus 4 my battery life took a noticeable hit. So I avoid that app now. Which is a shame since I liked that it would alternate the flashing colors when different notifications were waiting. Not worth the battery drain though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

yellowhue

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you had the problem fixed? I've had the exact same problem with my Note 3 which I only purchased 2/3 weeks ago.

Did you ever get the green light fixed? I have the same exact problem. Never goes off. Even if the phone is turned off or the battery is at 1 percent. LED stays green....

Furthermore, I noticed the smart scroll doesnt work like it used to before this problem. It can no longer detect my face. Is it a coincidence or related issue? Have you noticed that?

VDashjian

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
No I have not had it fixed. A good friend of mine suggested I take it to his shop and they will take it apart and clean it out completely. I really believe I got sweat damage because I use my phone to run and my armband is usually soaked by the time I am done.

Also i noticed the camera quality is very grainy from what it used to be. I just need to make the time and go see him one of these days on an extra long lunch break. I will let you know what happens.

BTW, did you mean you took it to ATT? because i dont know any samsung specific repair shops here in L.A. area

Casandra1975

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it's not a phone problem, but a "I dropped my phone in water!" problem. I have the same phone. A regularly flashing green light, only while screen is off means I have unchecked notifications.

Heather McLean1

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Its not flashing...its constantly on...they said it wont turn off even when the screen is black or the phone is turned off....I didnt drop my phone in water and I dont have sweat damage and my green light is constantly on...I have even tried a hard reset (removing the battery from my phone and replacing it) as soon and the battery is in place the green light comes on and is constant

Ckumarb

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
In my case as well, no water damage, no new software installed. Tried removing the battery, changing settings on the device [Settings>Device>LED Indicator]. The light just stays on.

Ckumarb

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I had the battery drained to empty, to the extent that there was no power for the led light. Then placed the device for charge. The issue is resolved in my case. Hope it works for you folks as well.
Good luck.

Last edited:

shandango

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem took hairdryer and blew hot air into earphone jack for about 30 seconds then waited about 5 minutes and light went out,now there is no light at all,find it better without light than constant green light being on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton