So my calendar decided it was going to become absolutely useless and no longer wants to sync, or reminder me of bdays, or remind me of anything I set in it. Each time I hit edit event, a msg pops up saying "google calendars cannot sync with KIES. Use my calendar to sync with KIES". This is a new issue as I was able, in the past, to sync. I have syncing turned on, I checked in settings and everything is check marked for my accounts. Its so damn frustrating, ive missed friends and coworkers bdays because my calendar refuses to notify me. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.
    10-23-2013 08:37 AM
    Uhm, by KIES it means Samsung's desktop software so you just have to ignore it. My calendar still works fine and reminds me what needs to be reminded and everything.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    10-23-2013 09:02 AM
    Is that what KIES is for? I have noticed that non of my friends on FB have been appearing/syncing with my calendar. I then have to manually add them to my calendar which then fails to notify me of the event. Its embarrassing when I miss my friends bdays. Especially when they remember mine.
    10-23-2013 09:10 AM
    Yes, that's what KIES is for.

Here is a screenie of my calendar widget. All the dark blue entries are from Facebook while the light blue ones are from Haxsync. As you see, Facebook has it all complete.

All the app is telling you is that the calendar app syncs to Google calendar and not KIES which is the Samsung desktop software.

I think you should pause and know more about your device, really, because part of solving the problem is knowing what the problem actually is.

Go to Settings>Accounts>Sync apps with Facebook>Tap your account name>Check Sync Calendar.

This did not happen on its own. Either you disabled it or someone else who fumbled with your phone did.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    10-23-2013 10:21 AM