Hi everyone I have an issue I'd like to share with you and would really appreciate some feedback on how to solve it. I am trying to backup my contacts on my phone most importantly to note is that they are not Google contacts how do I backup my contacts so that when I get another phone (the same one that I have now) they will back up to that phone. My phone right now is acting kinda funny so I just want to get a replacement but I want to make sure that all of my photos videos and contacts transferred over to the new phone what is the best way to accomplish this. Where exactly is the Google cloud and how can I see what's in my Google .cloud account. This might just be me being kind of retarded but I really have no idea how I can do this in a simple way all your help will be appreciated

Posted via Android Central App
    10-23-2013 09:08 AM
    Hi everyone I have an issue I'd like to share with you and would really appreciate some feedback on how to solve it. I am trying to backup my contacts on my phone most importantly to note is that they are not Google contacts how do I backup my contacts so that when I get another phone (the same one that I have now) they will back up to that phone. My phone right now is acting kinda funny so I just want to get a replacement but I want to make sure that all of my photos videos and contacts transferred over to the new phone what is the best way to accomplish this. Where exactly is the Google cloud and how can I see what's in my Google .cloud account. This might just be me being kind of retarded but I really have no idea how I can do this in a simple way all your help will be appreciated

Ok...to make sure I understand what you want to do...you want to sync your contacts to Google correct?
    10-23-2013 09:15 AM
    Correct but none of my contacts are Google contacts. They are either from facebook or saved on my phone directly.

Also want to transfer pics and videos

10-23-2013 09:28 AM
    Correct but none of my contacts are Google contacts. They are either from facebook or saved on my phone directly.

Also want to transfer pics and videos

Can try this one of 2 ways...or both. You should be able to resave your contacts as Google. I think it's just go into each contact and edit them. The save location should be there somewhere. Or I think (Not sure) just syncing the contacts to Google will do the same thing.
    10-23-2013 09:33 AM
    That wasn't really helpful. How do I do either one of those things

10-23-2013 09:38 AM
    That wasn't really helpful. How do I do either one of those things

Sync would be settings>accounts>Google>tap on your account and should bring you to your list of Google services like calendar, etc. Click menu and sync now.
    I just realized contacts can be exported. Go to contacts>menu>export.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    10-23-2013 09:49 AM
    If contacts are in the local phone account they won't sync to Google--they need to be in the Google account. Rather than redoing every one manually there is an app in play store called "Copy Contacts" by AlefSoft that can move contacts between accounts.

If you use Outlook you can use "MyPhoneExplorer" to sync multiple accounts to the pc. It can also backup or sync your folders including the photo folder (and calendar, messages etc.). Can use WiFi, USB or Bluetooth.

If you prefer to backup to cloud storage there are several apps in Play Store that can do that. I use MyBackupPro but there are lots of others--search for "cloud backup" on the store.
    10-23-2013 10:14 AM
    Is there any way to connect to Google contacts facebook contacts I tried doing it wouldn't let me just says contact joined but nothing happens

10-23-2013 11:49 AM
    Also, regarding photos and videos, just make sure they're saved to the SD card and then when you get your new phone pop that SD card into it.

Besides that, or if you don't use an SD card, connect your phone up to a PC and backup the contents of your internal storage so you can restore that data to your new device.

Of course, there's also the option to sync your photos/videos with Google+ and keep them all in the "cloud" as well, but I normally still do a manual backup before switching phones regardless just to make sure I have everything.
    10-23-2013 12:03 PM
    Let me ask you guys this. .. when you meet someone new.. you get their name and number.. do you save it to your Gmail account or to your device as you are entering it in?

10-23-2013 12:20 PM
    Let me ask you guys this. .. when you meet someone new.. you get their name and number.. do you save it to your Gmail account or to your device as you are entering it in?

Gmail. Then Google has a backup of everything. Don't have to worry about that if I reset.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    10-23-2013 01:27 PM

I'm not sure about everyone's device, but mine defaults to Google for contact entry...then again, ALL my contacts are Google contacts.

But to answer your question, yes...GMail/Google is where I store my contacts, I don't keep in phone storage.
    10-23-2013 01:32 PM
    Okay the problem with my Google contacts list is that it's filled with random email addresses. It's a mess. Do I just delete them all and backup my phone to it?

10-23-2013 02:20 PM
    Okay the problem with my Google contacts list is that it's filled with random email addresses. It's a mess. Do I just delete them all and backup my phone to it?

I would think the thing to do would be to clean up your Google contacts first (using your computer browser) --> then turn on sync on the phone --> then use the app mentioned above to upload your phone contacts to google.

That's how I would do it, but it's been so long since I set up my Google contacts (I remember a time when mine were a mess too), that I'm really just guessing.
    10-23-2013 02:53 PM
    I echo what others are saying. I use Gmail for my contacts. And if I have any major cleanup work to do, I'll do it from the computer.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    10-23-2013 06:25 PM