S4/Laptop connectivity issue.

Razuba

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
My problem is whenever I try to connect my S4 to my laptop (Windows 7), I hear that sound PCs make whenever a USB is connected to it, and my phone starts charging (so I know it's connected). But nothing else shows up on my PC. No autoplay. No "click to view folders". Nothing.

I can't transfer data because, well, I have nothing to transfer it to.

I tried changing cables, switched from MTP to PTP (and back) but still nothing.

It did, however, work when I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, but I have to keep repeating that everytime I need to transfer something, and quite frankly, it's very bothersome.

I know of kies but I don't have wifi everywhere I go so I'd prefer to use the USB cable.
(First time using android, don't really know much about it)

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I was puzzled by this when I first moved to the S4 from an earlier Android phone. I was expecting it to show up as a drive on the PC. What happens is that it does do so briefly (so you hear the USB connecting sound), and then after a minute or so becomes simply a device attached to the PC. You can see it in Explorer under Computer, listed under its device name, the default being SCH-I545.

BTW, you also don't have to use a special procedure to disconnect it. You can just unplug it (though I still take a deep breath when I do so!).

watalee

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Google a software named wandoujia and it will help you easily to connect your phone with laptop.

Buy the way, open USB debug and unknow sources at first

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Razuba

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I was puzzled by this when I first moved to the S4 from an earlier Android phone. I was expecting it to show up as a drive on the PC. What happens is that it does do so briefly (so you hear the USB connecting sound), and then after a minute or so becomes simply a device attached to the PC. You can see it in Explorer under Computer, listed under its device name, the default being SCH-I545.

BTW, you also don't have to use a special procedure to disconnect it. You can just unplug it (though I still take a deep breath when I do so!).

It still doesn't show up for me :/

Google a software named wandoujia and it will help you easily to connect your phone with laptop.

Buy the way, open USB debug and unknow sources at first

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

I have both of them checked.

EDIT: Just installed SnapPea (the english version of wandoujia). Works like a charm.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo