I recently bought in a store a data and charging cable 3 meters long as more comfortable than the samsung original one but there is a big problem with the charging process, it does charge but really slowly, in 10 hours can be jusy charge a 20% and if I use while plugged it will finish quick and turn off even connected to electric supply
    How can be this?are.not all cables valid? Only the one coming with samsung is valid? I need long cable and not the so shorter one
    I use long time on the phone social networks, youtube using and many so battery drainage is a matter of a 3 hours more or less down to 0% so need to use it allways plugged to electric supply
    I boughtn1 month ago but heavy use drains battery in just a couple of hours
    Best regards

Posted via Android Central App
    10-24-2013 04:27 PM
    All cables and charger blocks are not created equal. I suspect the main difference is in the charging block. Compare the amperage listed on the chargers--you'll probably see that the one you bought is lower than the Samsung one.
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    10-24-2013 06:33 PM
    I recently bought in a store a data and charging cable 3 meters long as more comfortable than the samsung original one but there is a big problem with the charging process, it does charge but really slowly, in 10 hours can be jusy charge a 20% and if I use while plugged it will finish quick and turn off even connected to electric supply
    How can be this?are.not all cables valid? Only the one coming with samsung is valid? I need long cable and not the so shorter one
    I use long time on the phone social networks, youtube using and many so battery drainage is a matter of a 3 hours more or less down to 0% so need to use it allways plugged to electric supply
    I boughtn1 month ago but heavy use drains battery in just a couple of hours
    Best regards

Yes, thats right. Only the actual cable that comes in the s4 box will charge quickly. All other, even Samsung ones will not. Ive found that my old blackberry cable will quick charge as well.
    10-25-2013 04:44 AM
    Thanks for replies
    Sure is the amperage I am afraid as the long cable I bough is much less diameter,more thinner than original one

10-25-2013 06:24 AM
    You're right, a longer cable with thinner conductor wires has more electrical resistance.
    Amperage is inversely proportional to the resistance (Ohm's Law).
    10-25-2013 02:51 PM