Power charge cable

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought in a store a data and charging cable 3 meters long as more comfortable than the samsung original one but there is a big problem with the charging process, it does charge but really slowly, in 10 hours can be jusy charge a 20% and if I use while plugged it will finish quick and turn off even connected to electric supply
How can be this?are.not all cables valid? Only the one coming with samsung is valid? I need long cable and not the so shorter one
I use long time on the phone social networks, youtube using and many so battery drainage is a matter of a 3 hours more or less down to 0% so need to use it allways plugged to electric supply
I boughtn1 month ago but heavy use drains battery in just a couple of hours
Best regards

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
All cables and charger blocks are not created equal. I suspect the main difference is in the charging block. Compare the amperage listed on the chargers--you'll probably see that the one you bought is lower than the Samsung one.

firestartar

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought in a store a data and charging cable 3 meters long as more comfortable than the samsung original one but there is a big problem with the charging process, it does charge but really slowly, in 10 hours can be jusy charge a 20% and if I use while plugged it will finish quick and turn off even connected to electric supply
How can be this?are.not all cables valid? Only the one coming with samsung is valid? I need long cable and not the so shorter one
I use long time on the phone social networks, youtube using and many so battery drainage is a matter of a 3 hours more or less down to 0% so need to use it allways plugged to electric supply
I boughtn1 month ago but heavy use drains battery in just a couple of hours
Best regards

Posted via Android Central App

Yes, thats right. Only the actual cable that comes in the s4 box will charge quickly. All other, even Samsung ones will not. Ive found that my old blackberry cable will quick charge as well.

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
You're right, a longer cable with thinner conductor wires has more electrical resistance.
Amperage is inversely proportional to the resistance (Ohm's Law).