homebase app installed automatically! how can i uninstall it

nadeempitafi

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Dear friends,

today i was surfing net through my s4! suddenly i clicked on a link and the subject mentioned app installed automatically! now there is no option to uninstall it. i havnt installed any other app by which it was bundled and installed. if any buddy have idea how to get rid off from the crap, please let me know.

Nadeem

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Except for Google system apps like Google Play Store and Google Play Services, apps can never install automatically unless you give permission on a popup permission screen. Are you sure this app actually installed, or was it just some message that claimed it got installed?

Go to System Settings/Apps/Downloaded, and look for this Homebase app. If it isn't there, then it didn't install. Check for any other app that doesn't sound familiar, in case it installed under another name.

hifreeo

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
SOLVED!
Had the same problem - suddenly my lockscreen was using HomeBase! No sign of it being installed... I managed to uninstall it!

While in the lockscreen I pressed on the lower right corner (settings). The headline said "BaseConvert Homebase" with Base Convert being an app, which I installed properly ages ago. This settings menu even gave the option to uninstall, but I choose to uninstall Base Convert alltogether for being nasty malware, which installs a new locksreen without asking! Maybe Base Convert got kind of hacked, being a host for HomeBase, don't know, not my problem. Uninstalling Base Convert let me get rid of the undesired HomeBase lockscreen.

Sherree Ferrell

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Dear friends,

today i was surfing net through my s4! suddenly i clicked on a link and the subject mentioned app installed automatically! now there is no option to uninstall it. i havnt installed any other app by which it was bundled and installed. if any buddy have idea how to get rid off from the crap, please let me know.

Nadeem

Sherree Ferrell

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I had the same thing happen on my s3 on the right of lock screen there is a settings tab go in and fiddle it will go cos I was fiddling with the settings and its gone I wont it back

epros

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Today I had the same problem and looking on google for a solution I've found this thread; this time apparently the Homebase Lock Screen get installed as a bundle with Air Call-Accept app.
After investigating a while I've find out, in a kind of hidden settings menu of Air Call-Accept, the menu voice "Uninstall Homebase"; the strangest thing is that choosing this option the app prompted me with an Accept/Cancel confirmation popup. (Accept opt-in option to uninstall an app ???)
Moreover, this issue gave me the chance to notice that the above mentioned app stored more than 14 MB of data on my device in few weeks: which kind of data is collecting an app that should give me only the possibility to auto-answer to a call without touching the phone ??
My final decision: I uninstalled the whole Air Call-Accept!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781