04-10-2016 10:38 PM
245 12345 ...
tools
    I've just updated to 4.3 & the only small niggle I have is on the briefing widget, before I had managed to switch off the news etc & only show the calendar but now I can't seem to switch off the news I do not want this flashing up constantly how do I get rid of it. Seems every time there is an update it ruins my calendar widget!

Posted via Android Central App
    11-03-2013 06:39 AM
    I've just updated to 4.3 & the only small niggle I have is on the briefing widget, before I had managed to switch off the news etc & only show the calendar but now I can't seem to switch off the news I do not want this flashing up constantly how do I get rid of it. Seems every time there is an update it ruins my calendar widget!

Check the app's notification settings and disable notifications.
    11-03-2013 11:25 AM
    The clock app is broken. Whatever I try and do in world clock crashes the app

Edit:
    Actually fixed. Just had to clear the app's data

11-03-2013 02:18 PM
    I can honestly say since my 4.3 update mine is like lighting. I've disabled all apps that come on the phone preset. Turned off all three animations .....I thought!

After I use the camera the transition animation resets itself back to 1.0??? Been on a few sites and they think it's a minor problem that will be updated soon so it will be gone eventually. If you do get any problems with any lag, back up your data and factory reset. It works 99.9% of the time. Plus it will do 4.3 good to be on a clean phone

hardrocker89 likes this.
    11-03-2013 02:41 PM
    4.3 is much much faster than 4.2.2,
    no idling from screen of to wake
    camera faster on response
    home screen much responsive from other app
    speaker seems louder
    and many things i still need to test
    11-04-2013 12:43 AM
    - - - Updated - - -

I updated my GS4 to Android 4.3 this afternoon and ever since my Samsung Music Player keeps popping up in my notification panel ready to play a song. I exit out of it and within 15-20 minutes it will show up again. I've closed it in Task Manager and restarted my phone and it keeps coming back up. Also, it shows up on my lock screen in place of the clock when it pops up. I've never even used the music player on this phone so I have no idea why this is happening.
    Same thing with mine, I have pin lock screen. None of the above (short of factory reset) has worked. I am reluctant to factory reset since I have work software on my phone that is a pain in the a$$ to set up. (I mean really who still uses Lotus Notes!? lol)
    11-04-2013 07:28 AM
    Having issue with music player on lock screen and can't remove. Did anyone figure this out?
    11-04-2013 08:03 AM
    Having the exact same issue. Tried force stopping app, erasing cache, reset something... nothing is working. Still pops up in status bar every 5-10 minutes. Really annoying. Not to mention my battery seems to be having the life sucked out of it much quicker than before...
    I had the same issue with it popping up what worked for me is I went to the settings menu and select more Then click Application Manager click "all" and scroll down to the Samsung music player click on it and press turn off un select the notifications and force stop. So far that worked.
    Tony Sassi likes this.
    11-04-2013 08:15 AM
    See my answer bellow.
    11-04-2013 08:16 AM
    Go to settings / application manager / all / locate "pagebuddynotisvc" and turn it off. Im running 4.2.2 and that worked for me.

11-04-2013 08:24 AM
    I updated my GS4 to Android 4.3 this afternoon and ever since my Samsung Music Player keeps popping up in my notification panel ready to play a song. I exit out of it and within 15-20 minutes it will show up again. I've closed it in Task Manager and restarted my phone and it keeps coming back up. Also, it shows up on my lock screen in place of the clock when it pops up. I've never even used the music player on this phone so I have no idea why this is happening.
    For the record this is not a 4.3 issue. It happens on 4.2.2 also. Looks like it is a music player issue.
    11-04-2013 08:25 AM
    I thought my battery was terrible before. After the update, it used 4% of the battery to send O N E text. No pic, just plain text. That sounds like
    a little too much to me.
    11-04-2013 08:37 AM
    Has anyone figured out if you can automatically activate Driving Mode like before the update? You can connect to the "Car" profile, but it doesn't start Driving Mode anymore.
    11-04-2013 09:14 AM
    On my VZW Galaxy S4, I noticed the "Driving Mode" has totally changed. First, it's called "Hands Free" mode now. Second, it no longer automatically auto-activates when it connects to my car's Bluetooth. In fact, the facility for setting that up is gone now. It's not a deal breaker, but I did find it useful. Has anybody else noticed this?
    Any solution on this one?
    11-04-2013 09:16 AM
    I have the same problem. When I click the green PHONE button, I can not dial anything using the keypad (it is non-responsive) and then I get the "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped" error message.
    11-04-2013 02:00 PM
    I can no longer save pictures from google anymore...I used to save tons for tattoo ideas and all but now I can't. Any help?

11-04-2013 02:08 PM
    I had the same issue with it popping up what worked for me is I went to the settings menu and select more Then click Application Manager click "all" and scroll down to the Samsung music player click on it and press turn off un select the notifications and force stop. So far that worked.
    As best I can tell you can't turn off the Samsung "Music" player app (you can disable "Samsung Music", but that's not the music player app); are you sure that's the one you meant?
    11-04-2013 02:58 PM
    My problem is with the Gallery application: it lags and is terribly slow..almost unusable....tried factory reset but did not work....never had this problem before the 4.3 upgrade...QuickPic works very well and is not affected.
    11-05-2013 11:12 AM
    I also am having a problems with the play store.
    I can not get it to load..
    I know it's been almost a week, so this is probably fixed for you, but in case others encounter it: I had the same problem; after the 4.3 update, there was a notification about the Play Store needing some kind of update, I tapped on that, it went to the Play Store, and it never loaded. But then I restarted the phone again, and it was OK.
    11-05-2013 11:27 AM
    I suppose it's common with these updates to have miscellaneous things broken that were fine before (along with a settling-in period that is likely to cause battery drain for awhile). I haven't seen too many of the problems reported here. I just tried Gallery, for instance, and it actually seems noticeably faster than before.

The one complaint I do have is the one several others here have noted: I use folders on my Home screen to hold quick calls and contacts, and when I tap one and go to Phone or Messaging, then back to Home screen, the folder is still open (and, I think, looks uglier than it used to). I upgraded to the S4 last summer from an earlier Samsung phone running Android 2. In that old OS, this was the standard behavior with Home screen folders, and I was delighted to find that it was no longer so in Android 4.2. And then, having fixed it, they apparently deliberately broke it again! Why, why, why on earth? Yeah, I know, a whole extra second out of my life. But still--why?

As for World clock, it doesn't crash for me--but it did apparently reset to 3 random cities besides my home town, and lose the ones I'd put in before.
    11-05-2013 01:42 PM
    I've just updated my S4 to 4.3 yesterday, and like everyone else, I tried out KNOX, which I thought could help me... It turned my life and phone into a nightmare..

I couldn't exit KNOX, and I couldn't type in the browser as well... So I tried rebooting my phone, and I thought, hey, this is going to work... Wrong answer.

I rebooted, and as usual it starts. But it won't. It would go to an empty lockscreen, and then words at the bottom keep popping up "No apps can perform this action", and goes to a somewhat bootloop. It would go to the lockscreen, I couldn't do anything since everything is empty, and then go back to the flashing SAMSUNG logo, then go back to the homescreen, and it goes on and on...
    11-05-2013 05:04 PM
    Yeah I noticed it too, I believe samsung forgot to add that feature to their phones

11-05-2013 05:14 PM
    Dave - I use folders as well. I've been using Nova Launcher for a while and love how it looks and acts. I highly recommend it.
    -mk

I suppose it's common with these updates to have miscellaneous things broken that were fine before (along with a settling-in period that is likely to cause battery drain for awhile). I haven't seen too many of the problems reported here. I just tried Gallery, for instance, and it actually seems noticeably faster than before.

The one complaint I do have is the one several others here have noted: I use folders on my Home screen to hold quick calls and contacts, and when I tap one and go to Phone or Messaging, then back to Home screen, the folder is still open (and, I think, looks uglier than it used to). I upgraded to the S4 last summer from an earlier Samsung phone running Android 2. In that old OS, this was the standard behavior with Home screen folders, and I was delighted to find that it was no longer so in Android 4.2. And then, having fixed it, they apparently deliberately broke it again! Why, why, why on earth? Yeah, I know, a whole extra second out of my life. But still--why?

As for World clock, it doesn't crash for me--but it did apparently reset to 3 random cities besides my home town, and lose the ones I'd put in before.
    11-05-2013 06:38 PM
    For me the auto brightness doesn't work half as good as previously. I'm not impressed at all with this update. And IMHO, factory data reset should not be the answer. Samsung / Verizon needs to step up and fix their problems.
    11-05-2013 08:28 PM
    Dave - I use folders as well. I've been using Nova Launcher for a while and love how it looks and acts. I highly recommend it.
    -mk
    Thanks, that's a good thought. I know Nova is well-liked by many people here. I'm actually fine with TouchWiz, though maybe that's only because I haven't used anything else. It'll probably take more than this folder issue to make me feel like putting the time into a new launcher. But it definitely could happen.

Thank goodness I saw the warnings here about Knox and didn't install that! I did look at the screen it gives before you download, and it's pretty explicit that the thing will take over your phone and the results may not be to your liking. It sounds like something comparable to a Windows virtual machine on an Android phone. What's not made clear is how hard it is to get rid of it.
    11-06-2013 09:40 AM
245 12345 ...