Could someone tell if it's possible - and how - to get the old Google Places back? I HATE the new "Local" thing and I've tried uninstalling the Google Maps update but I still have "Local" and not the old familiar "Places" option.
    10-28-2013 03:31 PM
    Are you looking for an APK? I would check 4shared.........my apologies if Im reading this wrong.
    10-28-2013 03:37 PM
    I'm not really sure what I'm looking for - be it an .apk or a way to revert back to the old way Places was. This new "Local" app stinks on ice - unless I'm totally not getting how to use it.

All I want is a app that worked like Places did - when for example we'd be on vacation in an area we weren't familiar with I could look for restaurants and a whole list of all the restaurants in the area would come up to scroll through. With Local it seems to only show a map with the closest place listed on the bottom and no other way to look around for other places.

Hopefully the way I worded it makes some sort of sense. Local is just frustrating.
    10-28-2013 03:54 PM
    I'm not really sure what I'm looking for - be it an .apk or a way to revert back to the old way Places was. This new "Local" app stinks on ice - unless I'm totally not getting how to use it.

All I want is a app that worked like Places did - when for example we'd be on vacation in an area we weren't familiar with I could look for restaurants and a whole list of all the restaurants in the area would come up to scroll through. With Local it seems to only show a map with the closest place listed on the bottom and no other way to look around for other places.

Hopefully the way I worded it makes some sort of sense. Local is just frustrating.
    IDK how to get places back but when you get to the map swipe the part that has the closest place listed up then you can swipe between places in the area left and right :-)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    Oj467 likes this.
    10-28-2013 05:46 PM
    Thank you! That helps some - though I do still miss places.
    10-28-2013 06:35 PM
    Thank you! That helps some - though I do still miss places.
    Yea its kind of dumb we can't just get a list but this makes local a little less terrible lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-28-2013 06:38 PM