YOUTUBE changes???

Ameer Nuub

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Out of nowhere, there is now a perpetual white YOUTUBE icon in the notification bar at the top of my S4 that I didn?t ask for. When I play any YOUTUBE video, it first puts up a prompt page to play or select a TV screen. After choosing to just play, the video is very dim and dark with a big TV icon right in the middle of it.

I?ve checked the settings and don?t see anything that sounds like it refers to this crap.

Can anyone tell me why everything has changed, and what moron thought this would be a good change? Is this what they call ?user friendly?? Is their marketing plan to make me miss the user-friendlyness of my iphone?

Sorry to vent, but come on? users shouldn?t have to take a damned course every time there is some app update just to use the normal features as always.

Am I wrong on this? Thanks as always...

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Out of nowhere, there is now a perpetual white YOUTUBE icon in the notification bar at the top of my S4 that I didn’t ask for. When I play any YOUTUBE video, it first puts up a prompt page to play or select a TV screen. After choosing to just play, the video is very dim and dark with a big TV icon right in the middle of it.

I’ve checked the settings and don’t see anything that sounds like it refers to this crap.

Can anyone tell me why everything has changed, and what moron thought this would be a good change? Is this what they call “user friendly”? Is their marketing plan to make me miss the user-friendlyness of my iphone?

Sorry to vent, but come on… users shouldn’t have to take a damned course every time there is some app update just to use the normal features as always.

Am I wrong on this? Thanks as always...

Some changes were made to the YouTube app recently, but this doesn't sound right at all...

Is this persisting even after rebooting the device (which I can only assume you've already done)?

Ameer Nuub

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Some changes were made to the YouTube app recently, but this doesn't sound right at all...

Is this persisting even after rebooting the device (which I can only assume you've already done)?

Yes sir... I've tried restarting, pressing the icon blocking the screen, choosing different options even though they don't sound right, etc. Uninstalling and reinstalling is a usual tactic, but if I'm not mistaken, it's one of the built-in things for which you don't have permissions.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Yes sir... I've tried restarting, pressing the icon blocking the screen, choosing different options even though they don't sound right, etc. Uninstalling and reinstalling is a usual tactic, but if I'm not mistaken, it's one of the built-in things for which you don't have permissions.

You should at least be able to uninstall the updates.

If it were me, I'd first try just clearing data and cache for the app, then rebooting and trying it again. If that doesn't work, then I'd try uninstalling the updates and going from there.

Ameer Nuub

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You should at least be able to uninstall the updates.

If it were me, I'd first try just clearing data and cache for the app, then rebooting and trying it again. If that doesn't work, then I'd try uninstalling the updates and going from there.

Ah yeah, that is an EXCELLENT idea... didn't think of that. Big thanks to you!

bradastan

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Uninstalling updates fixed this for me on my nexus 4. Yeah ads were fine, all videos were to dim to watch and had the send to tv icon imposed on top of the video. Not updating YouTube until this gets fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar