Just bought a S4. Love the phone.

Was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for the easiest simple directions for rooting my device. Just want to remove all the bloatware and keep same OS etc.

Phone is the SHV-E300S running 4.2.2 Exynos 5 Octa. Bought it in Korea with Olleh / KT.

Will I need to re-install all my apps ive downloaded from google play after I root and remove bloatware?

Also when I try to update the software it says "Failed to update software. Use SKT USIM card to update". Any idea what this is and how to fix it?

Sorry for all the questions. Any help is much appreciated.
    10-30-2013 03:27 AM
    Just bought a S4. Love the phone.

Was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for the easiest simple directions for rooting my device. Just want to remove all the bloatware and keep same OS etc.

Phone is the SHV-E300S running 4.2.2 Exynos 5 Octa. Bought it in Korea with Olleh / KT.

Will I need to re-install all my apps ive downloaded from google play after I root and remove bloatware?

Also when I try to update the software it says "Failed to update software. Use SKT USIM card to update". Any idea what this is and how to fix it?

Sorry for all the questions. Any help is much appreciated.
    Not sure if the SKT GS4's bootloader is locked but I found this to help you do it.
    If the bootloader ISN'T locked it should be pretty simple to root.
    Basic steps: Download latest drivers for your model, Odin v1.85 and the root file for your phone
    Boot phone into download mode (Hold power, home and volume down) and hit the volume up key when the warning sign shows up
    Plug your phone into your PC
    Run admin as administrator, if the first box is yellow click PDA and open the root file.
    Make sure only auto reboot and PDA are checked and hit start.
    Just follow the steps in the link and download the files for your exact phone and you should be fine
    10-30-2013 03:41 AM