OK so I finally left apple and moved to Samsung galaxy s4 16gig.. Ever since I bought it (3 days ago) I go into settings and I cannot open the lock screen option or the home screen option, I tried the "secret" way for the lock screen but still no luck, help me please! Also I downloaded Facebook and instagram and now the phone says I have no more room in internal memory (I haven't got a memory card yet) please help me I'm loosing my mind!
    Thank you in advance!!
    10-31-2013 07:43 AM
    OK so I finally left apple and moved to Samsung galaxy s4 16gig.. Ever since I bought it (3 days ago) I go into settings and I cannot open the lock screen option or the home screen option, I tried the "secret" way for the lock screen but still no luck, help me please! Also I downloaded Facebook and instagram and now the phone says I have no more room in internal memory (I haven't got a memory card yet) please help me I'm loosing my mind!
    Thank you in advance!!
    What exactly do you mean by "cannot open"? Not trying to be dense, but just trying to make sure I understand the issue correctly. Are you saying that if you go to "Settings --> My Device (tab)" and click on "Lock Screen" nothing happens? (Also, what is this *secrect* way you speak of?).

Regarding the internal memory error, how much do you have saved to the phone? Did you import a lot of music/pics/video? If you go into settings and to the "more" tab, click on "Storage" and report back what it says your usage is...
    10-31-2013 07:56 AM
    Thanks for the reply, yea settings -> my device tap on lock screen but it doesn't do anything at all exactly the same as home screen, just stays on the my device screen.
    "Secret way to open lock screen settings" is what was said to me when some one suggested another way. When the phone is locked and where it says the stupid "life companion" drag that down amd a "padlock" will appear at the bottom and an edit pencil toward the right hand side 3quarters of the way down.

As for internal memory, I have not transfered anything at all, my contacts are on my sim and have no music photos or video's or anything at all. only facebook and inatagram.
    10-31-2013 08:24 AM
    Thanks for the reply, yea settings -> my device tap on lock screen but it doesn't do anything at all exactly the same as home screen, just stays on the my device screen.
    "Secret way to open lock screen settings" is what was said to me when some one suggested another way. When the phone is locked and where it says the stupid "life companion" drag that down amd a "padlock" will appear at the bottom and an edit pencil toward the right hand side 3quarters of the way down.
    Then *something* is definitely wrong...you may need to factory reset your phone. Where did you get the phone from? Was it brand new from a store, or did you buy it somewhere else?

As for internal memory, I have not transfered anything at all, my contacts are on my sim and have no music photos or video's or anything at all. only facebook and inatagram.
    Pull up the "storage" screen from the settings as suggested above and report back what it says. You may want to do this before attempting the factory reset.
    10-31-2013 09:00 AM
    I bought it brand new in a sealed Samsung galaxy S4 box from MBK in Thailand (the electronics in the place are all 100% legit) I got them to change over the language for me ect..
    As for storage it says I have used 16.5gig of internal storage..
    How do I go about factory restore, if that doesn't work is there a way of hooking the phone to a computer and downloading new software and or firmware?
    Thanks again guys
    10-31-2013 09:48 AM
    I bought it brand new in a sealed Samsung galaxy S4 box from MBK in Thailand (the electronics in the place are all 100% legit) I got them to change over the language for me ect..
    As for storage it says I have used 16.5gig of internal storage..
    How do I go about factory restore, if that doesn't work is there a way of hooking the phone to a computer and downloading new software and or firmware?
    Thanks again guys
    That doesn't even seem possible...the 16GB model only comes with ~9.6GB of usable storage...

I'm honestly not sure what could be going on. You may want to try to investigate further before or wait for more responses before attempting a reset, but just FYI, here's how to do it...

1. FROM ANY HOME SCREEN, TAP THE MENU KEY.
    2. TAP SETTINGS.
    3. TAP THE ACCOUNTS TAB.
    4. TAP BACKUP AND RESET.
    5. IF DESIRED, TAP AUTOMATIC RESTORE TO CLEAR THE CHECK BOX.
    6. IF DESIRED, TAP BACK UP MY DATA TO CLEAR THE CHECK BOX.
    7. TAP FACTORY DATA RESET.
    8. TAP RESET DEVICE.
    9. IF YOU HAVE SCREEN LOCK TURNED ON, ENTER YOUR PIN OR PASSWORD. TAP CONTINUE.
    10. TAP DELETE ALL.
    10-31-2013 09:54 AM
    I have the same problem it is annoying me alot have you found how to fix it yet?
    02-05-2014 08:04 AM
    I got the same problem . And also a brand new s4 . Lock screen and home screen widgets dnt work when i tap it . Pls help !! I really dont know what to do. And btw i already did reset my s4 but still not working
    02-25-2014 09:18 AM
    Pls do reply when you already found a way to fix it . Im losing my mind !!>.<
    02-25-2014 09:21 AM