Hi guys,
    Like some other friends around here, the same problem appeared suddenly. It's been about 4 months since i got the phone. 2 days ago, when i was talking via whatsapp, it rebooted.
    I did not want to think negatively but the problem went on happening over and over. Then i begin searching for solutions on internet. I changed my battery, removed last updated apps and then restored to factory defaults, after these has not solved my problem. I appreciate every kind of solution for this. And technical service here never helps. They just re-install different firmwares. So i have to solve this by myself. Best regards.
    11-01-2013 02:17 AM
    Hi guys,
    Like some other friends around here, the same problem appeared suddenly. It's been about 4 months since i got the phone. 2 days ago, when i was talking via whatsapp, it rebooted.
    I did not want to think negatively but the problem went on happening over and over. Then i begin searching for solutions on internet. I changed my battery, removed last updated apps and then restored to factory defaults, after these has not solved my problem. I appreciate every kind of solution for this. And technical service here never helps. They just re-install different firmwares. So i have to solve this by myself. Best regards.
    I'm thinking a few things might be the problem. Have you recently updated your firmware? Is there an update available for you to download? Did you have a lot of apps open? It could have been the phone rebooting because it ran out of RAM, I've seen that happen on my phone a few times. If that is a problem, there's an app called clean master (which is free) that can clear your ram of specific processes and alert you when ram usage gets to a certain level. I believe the pro version can clear ram automatically when the usage gets too high.

sent from my Galaxy S3 rocking Cyanogenmod
    11-01-2013 06:18 AM
    Yes, there are lots of apps that run in the background but I have already own clean master full version. It auto-clears the ram. I think this is not about ram usage. Also, there is no available updates for my phone right now. I always keep it up-to-date.
    11-02-2013 10:06 AM
    Yes, there are lots of apps that run in the background but I have already own clean master full version. It auto-clears the ram. I think this is not about ram usage. Also, there is no available updates for my phone right now. I always keep it up-to-date.
    Could you describe what happens when it reboots? Does it freeze and then reboot or does it just shut off immediately and reboot?

11-02-2013 03:18 PM
    It sometimes reboots when i text on whatsapp or send message or charge the phone. It sometimes reboots with infinite loop. So i may have to pull the battery out and re-insert to make it work. But it sometimes reboots and turn on by itself. I have not found any solution... By the way, the phone also reboots even in download mode. This means that the problem is not related to software.
    11-03-2013 08:49 AM
    It sometimes reboots when i text on whatsapp or send message or charge the phone. It sometimes reboots with infinite loop. So i may have to pull the battery out and re-insert to make it work. But it sometimes reboots and turn on by itself. I have not found any solution... By the way, the phone also reboots even in download mode. This means that the problem is not related to software.
    It could be a software issue actually. Have you tried flashing stock using Odin? If you already have tried that, it could be a hardware issue

11-04-2013 01:08 PM
    I was about to try to flash but when i got into the download mode, it rebooted again. So i gave up. I think this depends on mainboard.
    11-05-2013 12:44 AM
    I was about to try to flash but when i got into the download mode, it rebooted again. So i gave up. I think this depends on mainboard.
    Okay, well that's an issue. Have you ever rooted the device? Is it stock? Is there any software modifications you made (beats audio, awesome beats, bravia engine, etc)? If you haven't touched it, and a factory reset didn't help, you may have faulty hardware.
    11-05-2013 05:49 PM
    I did not root , install any modifications. It's completely stock. Maybe power button short circuits randomly.
    11-06-2013 12:41 AM
    I did not root , install any modifications. It's completely stock. Maybe power button short circuits randomly.
    Possibly, I helped out a guy on a thread where his power button kept causing reboots. He ended up soldering a new one to the board. Either way, this shouldn't be an issue on an unmodified phone. I would call your carrier and have a warranty replacement sent out. I've had to do that once due to a burn in issue on my last phone. Generally, replacements are excellent.

11-06-2013 06:15 AM
    As far as i found out that my power button had been loose, i disassambled my phone, clean power button and its socket, pressed it hard to plug it in its place. After that, it has not been rebooting for about 2 days. Solved it myself. Thanks for your kind help.
    11-14-2013 03:11 AM
    As far as i found out that my power button had been loose, i disassambled my phone, clean power button and its socket, pressed it hard to plug it in its place. After that, it has not been rebooting for about 2 days. Solved it myself. Thanks for your kind help.
    Awesome! I'm glad to hear it's working normally again

11-14-2013 10:55 AM
    Glad to hear that your problem is solved. Mine has a random reboot sometimes but thats because I am doing too much at once. Basically the phones way of saying "ok damn it, thats enough...I quit." Only happens about once or twice a month though

Posted via Android Central App
    11-14-2013 08:51 PM
    Thank you all so much
    11-21-2013 05:44 AM
    Possibly, I helped out a guy on a thread where his power button kept causing reboots. He ended up soldering a new one to the board. Either way, this shouldn't be an issue on an unmodified phone. I would call your carrier and have a warranty replacement sent out. I've had to do that once due to a burn in issue on my last phone. Generally, replacements are excellent.

I seem to be experiencing the same problem. Power button is causing reboots. Which thread was this in? Should I take my device to Samsung SmartCare?
    02-01-2014 11:10 AM
    I have owned this s4 galaxy active now for about 3+ yrs. and I have rooted it and had to have the factory settings restored, and when they did that, they did not root it again and I'm not real interested in rooting again. This has all been several months ago, and I don't have very many extra apps, but I just looked over at my phone and it was restarting, this is the 1st time ever. I have no clue.
    07-06-2015 11:37 AM
    Yes, I have indeed heard that, the bird was the word!
    07-06-2015 12:12 PM