Posted this on the sprint S4 page but may be better out here on general S4 page

I had an S4 for a month, one of my service techs dropped it and shattered the screen. Our IT guy had the screen repaired and I got it back "as good as new" (or so i thought), since the repair my battery life is HORRIBLE! I take it off the charger, get kids to school, get to work, 90 minutes after its been unplugged from 100%, it is 80% or lower, typically with minimal (if any) usage other than being in my pocket. I also notice it runs hotter than before.

I noticed under battery usage that the screen was pulling a whopping 80% usage. Friend suggested I get GSAM Battery Monitor, so I just installed that and in 5 minutes it has gone from 90% to 86% and the monitor is showing between 80% and 90% usage. Even if i dim the screen.

I was going to just buy a Morphie Juice Pack case, but IT guy is willing to replace it.

Anything i should attempt before we replace it?
    11-01-2013 01:51 PM
    Test it on airplane mode, see if it lasts longer.
    If that's the case, then it might have something to do with how the antenna is connected (not all techs are as tidy as you may think)

Also, check this thread,might have some clues:

Good luck!
    11-01-2013 02:00 PM
    Interesting you mention airplane mode because 2 weeks ago i was traveling, i put it on airplane mode at 80%, put it in my pocket, didn't take it out until we landed 2 1/2 hours later and it was below 50. I'll give it another test, but the thing that makes me think something is wrong with the screen itself is that no matter what i do i cannot get it showing less than 80% usage. i see screenshots with people who have their screen at a reasonable %, but mine spikes in the 90s and dips in the low 80s.

Cant put in airplane mode right now but will test that again tonight. Thanks. Assuming if it still is happening in airplane mode we need to just go ahead and get it switched out?
    11-01-2013 02:10 PM