11-08-2016 10:47 AM
172 1234 ...
tools
    Thanks for the help thus far...but there isn't a USB mode that I can see after I press the 3 dots at upper right (settings>storage) screen. The only things that pop up are the device memory information. help???
    01-15-2014 01:36 PM
    Tried this found debugging options but no MTP option if you did please let me know how.
    01-16-2014 04:54 AM
    found MTP! connect to pc. USB icon will come up on the phone tap icon and MTP option should come up.
    01-16-2014 05:12 AM
    To connect your phone to the PC you guys need to go to the dial pad hit ##3424# then select CDMA modem, then qualcomm USB settings from there select MTP and hit ok. You also need to make sure that you go to settings, more, about device hit build number until it says you are a developer then hit the back button. Go to developer options turn them on and hit USB debugging, allow mock locations, and stay awake.

Source: Sprint Tech
    Moondoggie1 likes this.
    01-18-2014 03:51 PM
    I just spent HOURS on Google trying to figure this out. More than likely this is the answer, somehow your Qualcomm Modem settings got changed.
    If you are using Android 4.3 open the dial pad and dial *#0808#
    Android 4.2 *#7284#

then under Qualcomm USB or USB settings it should be on MTP or MTP+ADB, it was probably on RMNET + DM + MODEM. Make the change and choose OK.

All should be fine now.

Sources: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2227576
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541682
    01-25-2014 04:26 PM
    I have an S3 with the same issue. USB worked before the 4.3 update, won't work after. I've tried everything in this thread and nothing works. Using the dialer keypad to get into the Qualcom USB settings, mine was already set to MTP+ADB. Tried a few different settings anyway, but nothing worked.
    01-27-2014 06:56 PM
    didn't work - kept saying "all circuits are busy, try again later" ????

- - - Updated - - -

To connect your phone to the PC you guys need to go to the dial pad hit ##3424# then select CDMA modem, then qualcomm USB settings from there select MTP and hit ok. You also need to make sure that you go to settings, more, about device hit build number until it says you are a developer then hit the back button. Go to developer options turn them on and hit USB debugging, allow mock locations, and stay awake.

Source: Sprint Tech
    sorry didn't work - kept saying all circuits are busy try again later??
    01-28-2014 12:45 AM
    found MTP! connect to pc. USB icon will come up on the phone tap icon and MTP option should come up.
    how did you find it? I have a S4 with 4.3 Thanks.
    01-28-2014 12:46 AM
    I am having this issue after updating to 4.3 also. I have tried every thing listed in this thread to fix the issues, enabled debugging mode and made sure my settings were on MTP, I've tried kies and kies 3 to no avail.. any other suggestions?
    01-28-2014 11:46 PM
    Best answer: A genuine Samsung USB data cable is recommended for best connection.

it works for me 100000000000000000000000%......

I Am Having Problems Connecting To Kies. What Are Some of the Most Common Problems & How Can I Fix Them? | SAMSUNG
    01-29-2014 01:07 PM
    A genuine Samsung USB data cable is recommended for best connection.

S4 with 4.3 and in debugging mode and with Kies 3 installed.

it works for me 100000000000000000000000000000%.........^_^

http://skp.samsungcsportal.com/integ...=ph&seq=424984
    01-29-2014 01:09 PM
    Sounds like the same issue as people not being able to charge. Samsung implemented new micro HDMI Spec on 4.3 but since MK2 update charging issues went back to any cable again. Will try my HTC cable and update soon.
    01-29-2014 09:42 PM
    for it was the USB cable...i was using a cheap knock off, and switched back to the one that came with my S4 and it worked like a charm...
    01-30-2014 12:16 PM
    It's not my cable either. I've tried several different cables including the one that came with the phone, on several different computers. I get the little connect sound but the USB icon never shows up in the notification area.
    01-31-2014 06:33 PM
    I upgraded up to the Galaxy S4 yesterday and was having the same issues as everyone else...no connection via USB. I have mine working just fine...so far. Right now mine is in the process of copying 10+ GB of mp3s with the microSD installed in the phone. Here's what I did...
    1) On the phone: Settings>More... (upper right)>About device>Tap "Build Number" 7 times (as suggested earlier in this thread)
    2) Enable USB debugging.
    3) Unplug and replug phone.
    this didn't work for me ...so next thing I did...
    1) Install Kies3. SAMSUNG KIES
    2) Unplug cable from USB (I'm using a powered external hub) and reinstall USB drivers (In Kies3... Tools>reinstall device drivers)
    3) Reformat microSD while phone unplugged. (Settings > More...>Storage>Format SD card)
    If your phone is still plugged in it will be grayed out.
    4) Plug phone back into USB.
    ...and so far it has been copying 10+ GB mp3 files for the past 30 min without errors. According to the "Copying..." dialog I have about 6 hours to go yet. It is slow, but at least it is working. hmm...well I also have Kies3 currently adding music to its library so that could be slowing it down. Won't know until I do further tests without it running.

I do have a USB external reader for microSD but I don't want to have to open up the phone every time I want to load up some music.
    Would be better if it could transfer as fast as iTunes does to my Nano. The Nano is the only Apple thing I own. ...and I only bought it because of my car stereo...just plug it in, shuffle all The Android phone I had at the time (LG Optimus C) kept randomly crashing whether I was using it or not....so it was no good for music in the car.

Anywho, I hope this info helps someone.
    02-01-2014 05:05 AM
    Guys don't waste your time on Kies. It never worked for me even on the first day I got the phone which was before the update. Just use AirDroid, you don't even need to connect to PC via cable. I've been using it for 6 months and very happy with it. But you'll need to find another way to back up your stuff maybe through Dropbox? Cos I don't think AirDroid has the back up feature.
    Derek Lazar likes this.
    02-01-2014 06:04 AM
    hay my phone is samsung galaxy s4 it is not connecting with my computer help me and say me how to do it sooonnnnnnn
    02-04-2014 09:30 AM
    I too had this problem after I upgraded to 4.3. I'm a noob to the android world on a Verizon S3 and don't have a custom ROM running, so keep that in mind when using this. I found the following worked perfectly for me. Who would have thought you would need to install a Samsung driver on your PC...

This is how I enabled USB under 4.1.2
    Unplug phone from PC.
    Enable Developer Options:
    MENU>SETTINGS>ABOUT PHONE>
    Scroll down to the "greyed out" "BUILD NUMBER"
    and tap it 5 times (possibly 7), you will see little
    alerts telling you how many more times to tap.
    Now go back to:
    MENU>SETTINGS>DEVELOPER OPTIONS should be visible now!
    Under developer options settings, check the box "USB DEBUGGING"
    Next download the Samsung Galaxy USB drivers onto
    your PC.
    Download Center: Download Software, Firmware, Drivers & Manuals | Samsung
    Choose your model and carrier.
    Install and reboot.
    Now when you connect your Galaxy it will either auto open
    Windows Explorer (if PC), or if not, pull down the taskbar
    on your droid, and under USB connection, you can select
    Media Transer option.. MTD I think? or MTP. I can't
    verify because it doesn't appear anymore after the 4.3 update
    Give it about 30 seconds to connect, and it should appear
    in Windows My Computer list of available drives.. SCH-1535 I believe. if Verizon
    https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1047241
    wulfman000 and greade like this.
    02-04-2014 09:15 PM
    This worked perfectly! Thanks, didn't even think about the dang cable...
    02-15-2014 10:43 AM
    I have tried doing this but it still won't connect
    02-16-2014 12:44 AM
    Bammmmmm!!!!!
    This is the best answer.....thanks a lot.....
    02-16-2014 02:37 AM
    Guys, forget about KIES! or trying to connect using the steps all of you mentioned. IT DOES NOT WORK. I've tried everything!!!. Thanks Aesthete18 for mentioning AirDroid!!!! it works much better!!
    Derek Lazar likes this.
    02-16-2014 08:37 AM
    Darrup - great thanks seems to be working all good many thanks
    02-16-2014 08:42 AM
    I have tried everything and compiled it into a video with notes such as trying a different cable, debugging, and changing the USB settings. Hope it helps.

02-22-2014 09:58 PM
    I had the same problem with the update and nothing worked. If you have a old phone that wasn't updated then put the SD card in and plug it to your computer copy everything you need once finished put back in other phone or just fail ##3424# and hit Qualcomm and then mpt and bam back to normal!
    02-23-2014 12:14 PM
172 1234 ...