Samsung Galaxy S4 cannot connect to PC via USB after upgrade to Android 4.3

Dawid Kolodziej

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
i have same issue .i thought s4 is a good phone and i am samsung fan but after that i think i'm gonna change for sony again !!!
why this smart!!!phone can connect as before??? i mean plug and play via usb and done ????

Nicki Keyter

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm blonde as i get as far as unlocking the developer mode then get lost. Would you mind helping a stupid person a bit further along. Step for step.

Shaz Barker

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
OK I don't have a fix but I did manage to transfer stuff from my phone to my laptop via the Bluetooth option. Not really a fix but if you are desperate that does work. It also works when you transfer items from your laptop to your phone.

Very disappointed with the latest update from Samsung!! Especially considering you couldn't not update it, was very annoying and persistant until I finally gave in and did it. Very disappointed that I did!!

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help thus far...but there isn't a USB mode that I can see after I press the 3 dots at upper right (settings>storage) screen. The only things that pop up are the device memory information. help???:-\

zicareian1

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
To connect your phone to the PC you guys need to go to the dial pad hit ##3424# then select CDMA modem, then qualcomm USB settings from there select MTP and hit ok. You also need to make sure that you go to settings, more, about device hit build number until it says you are a developer then hit the back button. Go to developer options turn them on and hit USB debugging, allow mock locations, and stay awake.

Source: Sprint Tech

chrisj979

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I just spent HOURS on Google trying to figure this out. More than likely this is the answer, somehow your Qualcomm Modem settings got changed.
If you are using Android 4.3 open the dial pad and dial *#0808#
Android 4.2 *#7284#

then under Qualcomm USB or USB settings it should be on MTP or MTP+ADB, it was probably on RMNET + DM + MODEM. Make the change and choose OK.

All should be fine now. :D

Sources: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2227576
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2541682

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have an S3 with the same issue. USB worked before the 4.3 update, won't work after. I've tried everything in this thread and nothing works. Using the dialer keypad to get into the Qualcom USB settings, mine was already set to MTP+ADB. Tried a few different settings anyway, but nothing worked.

jfolliard

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
didn't work - kept saying "all circuits are busy, try again later" ????

- - - Updated - - -

To connect your phone to the PC you guys need to go to the dial pad hit ##3424# then select CDMA modem, then qualcomm USB settings from there select MTP and hit ok. You also need to make sure that you go to settings, more, about device hit build number until it says you are a developer then hit the back button. Go to developer options turn them on and hit USB debugging, allow mock locations, and stay awake.

Source: Sprint Tech

sorry didn't work - kept saying all circuits are busy try again later??

Mary Smith5

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I am having this issue after updating to 4.3 also. I have tried every thing listed in this thread to fix the issues, enabled debugging mode and made sure my settings were on MTP, I've tried kies and kies 3 to no avail.. any other suggestions?

bltserv

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like the same issue as people not being able to charge. Samsung implemented new micro HDMI Spec on 4.3 but since MK2 update charging issues went back to any cable again. Will try my HTC cable and update soon.

oly83854

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
for it was the USB cable...i was using a cheap knock off, and switched back to the one that came with my S4 and it worked like a charm...

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
It's not my cable either. I've tried several different cables including the one that came with the phone, on several different computers. I get the little connect sound but the USB icon never shows up in the notification area.

babyflitestreak

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded up to the Galaxy S4 yesterday and was having the same issues as everyone else...no connection via USB. I have mine working just fine...so far. Right now mine is in the process of copying 10+ GB of mp3s with the microSD installed in the phone. Here's what I did...
1) On the phone: Settings>More... (upper right)>About device>Tap "Build Number" 7 times (as suggested earlier in this thread)
2) Enable USB debugging.
3) Unplug and replug phone.
this didn't work for me ...so next thing I did...
1) Install Kies3. SAMSUNG KIES
2) Unplug cable from USB (I'm using a powered external hub) and reinstall USB drivers (In Kies3... Tools>reinstall device drivers)
3) Reformat microSD while phone unplugged. (Settings > More...>Storage>Format SD card)
If your phone is still plugged in it will be grayed out.
4) Plug phone back into USB.
...and so far it has been copying 10+ GB mp3 files for the past 30 min without errors. According to the "Copying..." dialog I have about 6 hours to go yet. It is slow, but at least it is working. hmm...well I also have Kies3 currently adding music to its library so that could be slowing it down. Won't know until I do further tests without it running.

I do have a USB external reader for microSD but I don't want to have to open up the phone every time I want to load up some music.
Would be better if it could transfer as fast as iTunes does to my Nano. The Nano is the only Apple thing I own. ...and I only bought it because of my car stereo...just plug it in, shuffle all :) The Android phone I had at the time (LG Optimus C) kept randomly crashing whether I was using it or not....so it was no good for music in the car.

Anywho, I hope this info helps someone. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC