Extremely unhappy with Galaxy S4...

chocochip9

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Kind of hard to describe. Other than it just doesn't feel as solid as the S3.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy ™ S4 using Tapatalk Pro

I have a good idea what you mean. Like the button has a more definite, louder click rather then a softer push to it? That is how mine is. Except with mine if you put a little bit of pressure on the button you can hear like a pop click almost like you have pressed the button before you actually press it.

Should have gotten a Nexus 5

Hah, wish the stores had them. Can't you only buy it on the Play store right now or something?

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Instead of demanding a refund, demand a refund or exchange. It worked for me when my S3 went kapoot

kingb71

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
my home button is clicking lately too, started about 2 weeks ago, is driving me insane. I wish I could pop it off or something.

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I've got problems as well with calls and data. Can't even do a full backup because kies doesn't work. Been thinking I should have gone with HTC instead

Posted via Android Central App

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a good idea what you mean. Like the button has a more definite, louder click rather then a softer push to it? That is how mine is. Except with mine if you put a little bit of pressure on the button you can hear like a pop click almost like you have pressed the button before you actually press it.

Hah, wish the stores had them. Can't you only buy it on the Play store right now or something?

Yes exactly

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy ? S4 using Tapatalk Pro

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
50 MB? WTF? I never heard of such a thing. I'd throw it through their window with a nasty note on it and a brick tied to it lol.

chocochip9

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm finally back with an update guys! Just wanted to start by thanking every person who participated in this thread or offered advice. I greatly appreciate you all taking time to post in a thread like this :)

I went to my local Bell store and started off by letting the rep know that I've been having problems with the phone. I told her that I called the company twice and was told to go in and speak with someone about getting the phone replaced.

She then politely asked me what problems I was having, to which I told her and showed her (the micro USB wobbly issue). After looking at some paperwork, she told me that she would replace the phone without a hassle. She went back and grabbed a new one (in box and all) and proceeded to transfer my SIM and SD to the new phone. I also told her that I had a screen protector on the phone and she offered to give me a new one completely free.

I am extremely grateful I got a good rep and that she was understanding.

Anyways! I asked her if i could see the phone this time and check it over before taking it home. The phone was world's different than the one I had. The buttons were nice and solid, home button was tight, and the micro USB was completely snug. No wobble at all.

She also told me that because I am still within 14 days, if i have a problem with this phone as well then just bring it back in.

I am so pleased with the experience and with the new phone. Now I can truly appreciate the Galaxy S4 in all it's perfect glory :D Again, thank you all!

hausjam

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
This the first android phone I have been happy with. I would still rather have windows phone but I am quite pleased with the gs4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

GoldenEagle06

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Good to hear it worked out. I just picked up an s4 today. Was really torn between this and the g2. Hopefully I dont see similar issues

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This the first android phone I have been happy with. I would still rather have windows phone but I am quite pleased with the gs4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

I wish the lumia 1520 was on T-Mobile. Happy you got a good G4

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

chocochip9

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear it worked out. I just picked up an s4 today. Was really torn between this and the g2. Hopefully I dont see similar issues

Thank you! And I am glad to hear you got the S4! The more I use it the more I am really starting to love it. Now that these issues are gone especially.

Trust me, it's usually just my luck to get a a phone and have to return it at least once. Every phone I have owned I had to return, but then I got a perfect model second time around. All my friends and their family who have an S4 have gotten perfect models as well. Hope you enjoy yours :D

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I am so pleased with the experience and with the new phone. Now I can truly appreciate the Galaxy S4 in all it's perfect glory :D Again, thank you all!

Now you see the rewards of been persistent. :thumbup::D

As I told you before, the Galaxy S4 is a great phone and I decided for it instead of the HTC One because it works best for me and my needs.

I'm glad to hear you got another GS4 and like it, when you could've asked for another phone.

Enjoy and have fun with your GS4. :thumbup::cool:

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Hopefully you won't.
Have fun with your new companion! :thumbup::cool:

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
im sorry my friend but what did you expect out of a cheaply made and hardly supported Samsung product? With the most powerful processors in production Samsung products will still lag and suck huge battery life. Its absolutely pathetic that they still haven't even fixed their horrid SMS application. Ill never by another Samsung product again until they cease the horrid software optimization and totally revamp what is touchwiz

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Glad you got it all sorted out :)

Had my GS4 since launch day, and it's been nothing but awesome, sucks when someone gets a bad unit and doesn't get to experience how incredible this beast is. :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Glad you got it all sorted out :)

Had my GS4 since launch day, and it's been nothing but awesome, sucks when someone gets a bad unit and doesn't get to experience how incredible this beast is. :)

Heck yea!!! You got that right! :thumbup::D

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
im sorry my friend but what did you expect out of a cheaply made and hardly supported Samsung product? With the most powerful processors in production Samsung products will still lag and suck huge battery life. Its absolutely pathetic that they still haven't even fixed their horrid SMS application. Ill never by another Samsung product again until they cease the horrid software optimization and totally revamp what is touchwiz

Oh c'mon! It's not that bad!
My GS4 is my first Samsung phone and I didn't need much time to get use to it. Don't see why some people hate TouchWiz. :confused::eek::D:cool:

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't get why people hate TW so much either. I remember when I was about to leave my Xperia X10, couldn't decide between the GS2 and Htc Sensation XE, I was almost put off by the negative comments surrounding TW. I went out and tried a GS2 myself and loved it, have stuck with Samsun since, thoroughly enjoyed my S2 and still have it, enjoyed S3 until I broke it and thoroughly enjoying my S4 and can't wait to see the S5.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't get why people hate TW so much either. I remember when I was about to leave my Xperia X10, couldn't decide between the GS2 and Htc Sensation XE, I was almost put off by the negative comments surrounding TW. I went out and tried a GS2 myself and loved it, have stuck with Samsun since, thoroughly enjoyed my S2 and still have it, enjoyed S3 until I broke it and thoroughly enjoying my S4 and can't wait to see the S5.

I figured those who hate TouchWhiz love vanilla Android. I don't know, but it's best to test the phones yourself so you can decide if you like it or not. :cool::thumbup::D

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463