I have a S4 from US Cellular and I install CM10.2 M1. Terrible mistake. I guess it messed the modem up or something, not sure. At first I could call (and I think use SMS) but not use data, then I tried flashing another ROM and modem, can't do either. But I managed to get my backup installed and now I can finally use data, but calling doesn't work properly, or SMS. It makes me do a collect call, and SMSes fail?! And my IMEI is correct, same as on the back under the battery. Phosne numbers says Unknown but I think this is because USC just didn't put it on the SIM, I don't think it's part of the problem.
    11-03-2013 03:50 PM
    You probably installed a Nightly build which is unstable and bound to have bugs. Try to find a CM for S4 that is marked Stable then flash that one. Remember that there are three kinds of CM ROMS:

Nightlies - Bound to be full of bugs. Do not install unless you have expert knowledge.

Experimental - Good enough for daily use but may have bugs. Reporting to the developers is highly encouraged.

Stable - Stable is stable. It means that as far as they know there are no more bugs to squash and if there are, they are relatively minor and should not impede the user from using the device on an everyday basis.

I suggest you read up more on what you're trying to do and report to the developers about your problem. CM has an existing forum, AFAIK, so it's best to post over there where the developers can communicate with you directly.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    11-03-2013 05:15 PM
    I installed a Milestone accidentally. I have recently flashed the stock ROM and managed to even brick my phone which I just fixed, but the collect call won't leave.
    11-03-2013 05:46 PM