App icons changed to android logo - help!

galaxyjosh

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I am a new Galaxy S4 user and today I noticed that a couple of icons (apps) changed from their original form to a generic one. The generic one is on gray colors showing the android :) and a tiny figure of the SD card. Does anybody know why is this happening?
Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am a new Galaxy S4 user and today I noticed that a couple of icons (apps) changed from their original form to a generic one. The generic one is on gray colors showing the android :) and a tiny figure of the SD card. Does anybody know why is this happening?
Thanks!
Remove the app from the homescreen then re-add it. Sometimes, if the app is removed and/or tied to a launcher without the app installed it will show that. See if the app is still in the app drawer and re-add it to the homescreen.

trd 4rnr

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine did the same thing when I got the most recent software update.
As the poster above said, just delete the icon from your home screen and then grab it again from the app drawer.
-mk

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Apps that moved to the SD card have to wait until the OS has mounted the SD card after a restart.
On old phones with Android 2.xx you had to wait a few minutes until the right icons appeared :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc