Actually Kies doesn't work. Backup has failed twice. How am I supposed to do a restore to fitted the issue I'm having. Typical Samsung from my experience
    11-04-2013 02:48 PM
    What are you trying to back up?
    11-04-2013 10:50 PM
    The whole phone. Apps, settings, everything so I can do a restore to fix my calls and data issue. Thing is Kies 3 fails at one of the last categories do never managesa complete backup

Posted via Android Central App
    11-05-2013 04:13 AM
    The whole phone. Apps, settings, everything so I can do a restore to fix my calls and data issue. Thing is Kies 3 fails at one of the last categories do never managesa complete backup

Try Helium. No root needed. Will back up most apps, texts, just not settings.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    11-05-2013 07:42 AM
    Why is it that, on any forum, whenever anyone says that Kies doesn't backup someone tell us to use another program or app? Kies is Samsung's backup and sync tool. Why doesn't it work? Why isn't Samsung doing something about it?
    12-01-2013 10:04 AM
    And on the previous versions of Kies (which no longer will work), I could fully edit my contacts using my computer keyboard (my old fat fingers still can't master the phone screen keyboard). Now with Kies 3 on my AT&T S4, I cannot do that.
    12-02-2013 06:21 AM
    Why is it that, on any forum, whenever anyone says that Kies doesn't backup someone tell us to use another program or app? Kies is Samsung's backup and sync tool. Why doesn't it work? Why isn't Samsung doing something about it?
    Because Kies basically sucks. Every version seems to fix one thing and break three others. Connectivity is sporadic. Seems half baked most of the time.
    12-02-2013 09:17 AM
    Because Kies basically sucks. Every version seems to fix one thing and break three others. Connectivity is sporadic. Seems half baked most of the time.
    Can't argue with that, at all.

N7
    12-02-2013 10:07 AM
    I made the move from ios7 because it stuffed my iphone 4 (apparently Apple aimed the upgrade at 4s and up thus segregating the lower end user) and thought I'd be happy with an S4 Active but I can't connect to Kies, Smart Switch or any of the other 'EASY" stuff that samsung is meant to have. Could anyone please suggest a way to make it work properly before I ditch this as well & go back to a 5S.
    12-17-2013 03:35 PM
    I made the move from ios7 because it stuffed my iphone 4 (apparently Apple aimed the upgrade at 4s and up thus segregating the lower end user) and thought I'd be happy with an S4 Active but I can't connect to Kies, Smart Switch or any of the other 'EASY" stuff that samsung is meant to have. Could anyone please suggest a way to make it work properly before I ditch this as well & go back to a 5S.
    Although you don't have to use Kies. You can just copy and paste files over using windows explorer like you would with any other USB drive

12-19-2013 02:48 AM