S4 Not Finding Contacts When Typing New SMS Or Searching For Contact In The Dialer

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I just got my wife an S4 as an upgrade from her S3. Whenever she goes to type a text message (in either the stock Messaging app or Chomp) and she tries to input a name, say "Kelly", only completely random names pop up that aren't related to Kelly and she can't find that name. It's happening with every single person she has tried to send a text to. The only fix I have found is to go to that contact, delete their name, save it, go back in and change their name. Then the phone can find it. This seems rather tedious when she's trying to text someone on the fly. Not only this, but if she goes into the dialer to search for a contact to call, the same thing happens.

Does anyone know of a quicker fix than going back in and manually changing the contacts?

We're on a Verizon S4, BTW. Thanks to anyone that can provide me with any assistance!

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I do notice this too on my AT&T S4. For example i was texting my friend Anthony last night about playing some COD: Ghosts, and i typed in ant. His name, listed as Anthony in my contacts, was the 3rd result. 1st result was not a contact just the word ant with the number 268 listed. 2nd result was a friend of mine listed as a name starting with M, an nothing in his contact has the letters ant anywhere in there.

Only thing i can see is that he does have the number 268 in his phone number.

Its really messed up but i can't find any setting to change how it searches contacts

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine was doing the same thing. I turn my phone off and then turned it back on and it was fine.

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung GS4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1