05-27-2018 09:55 AM
31 12
tools
    I have a Motorola G4 Plus.
    For some reason when I try to write an email using the voice to text button, it will only write the first few words then stop. Then when I try to repeat the rest of the sentence it erases the first part of the sentence and replaced it with what I just said.
    I NEED HELP! FOR GOD'S SAKES SOMEONE SHOW ME GUIDANCE IN THESE TROUBLING TIMES! GIVE ME HOPE!
    04-21-2017 06:02 PM
    I had the same problem after installing Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The voice-to-text function does not work properly. Please disable the battery-saving mode, or parts of that mode. The voice-to-text function should work again.
    05-06-2017 05:42 AM
    Since June 5th, my speech to text has stopped working all together. It does not work in any app. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with Android 7.0 installed. When I press the microphone, it appears like it is getting ready but the microphone never initializes. The ding that normally sounds to let me know I can start to speak never sounds. I have been looking all day on line for help and answers but nothing has worked so far.

I have dyslexia so I depend on this feature a majority of the time.
    06-07-2017 03:11 PM
    I just found that if you go to settings>Language and input>physical keyboard you can reset the keyboard setting which, for me, brought back my microphone option and it works again.
    11-02-2017 11:44 PM
    voice to type works good on Google but it does not work on messaging I've got Messenger as default.

and no it is not a Galaxy 4 it is a LG stylus 2
    04-06-2018 12:49 PM
    Since June 5th, my speech to text has stopped working all together. It does not work in any app. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with Android 7.0 installed. When I press the microphone, it appears like it is getting ready but the microphone never initializes. The ding that normally sounds to let me know I can start to speak never sounds. I have been looking all day on line for help and answers but nothing has worked so far.

I have dyslexia so I depend on this feature a majority of the time.
    SOLUTION May 2018 - (for mine) - My Samsung Note 4 just started doing the same thing after a bunch of updates around May 25th 2018. Regardless of keyboard (Gboard or the Samsung keyboard) voice typing would grab maybe three words and just hang there - like it was still listening but would not input. The "OK Google" did the same thing. My solution was to turn off "Voice Match".

Settings --> Language and input --> Google Voice Typing --> Voice Match --> at this screen, turn everything off.

NOW - I can use the voice type easily through the keyboard and it works like a dream.

BUT - the "OK" google will bring up the screen for the "Google assistant with voice match" - if you "I agree" it turns this back on and it will reset those settings (that you changed above) and voice typing through the keyboard will not work again.

This last set of app updates has really screwed up my old phone - the Bluetooth is totally scrambled now, but that's another issue!

I hope this helps and kcul doog!

GaryDee

05-27-2018 09:55 AM
31 12